Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered 2015 SLK55 AMG
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried using any of the auto glaze products on an SLK? I’m not sure I like the look, but I would like to know if a glaze finish is more durable than a normal wax finish. I have noticed that Meguiar’s Mirror Glaze seems to be getting good reviews, and I like the results I get when I use Meguiar's Ultimate Polish on my SLK.

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It might be bad information, but I was told a polish has abrasive properties and a glaze did not have abrasive properties. I bought the polish, but I decided to get more information before I tried the glaze.

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
15,170 Posts

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK350
879 Posts
It might be bad information, but I was told a polish has abrasive properties and a glaze did not have abrasive properties. I bought the polish, but I decided to get more information before I tried the glaze.
Agreed, lots of people think a polish is just a Wax type product but as you say, it contains an abrasive and so a Glaze Or wax is what’s needed if the paint is already without marks.
I can highly recommend the soft99 Fusso wax, it contains PTFE and so gives a very deep shine that lasts a full 6 months with very good water repelling properties.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,521 Posts

·
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good information. I liked the chart. I’m still using Meguiar’s Ultimate Liquid or Solid wax on my SLK because it gives me a good gloss and good protection. I also use Meguiar’s Ultimate Detailer and Ultimate Spray Wax when I’m removing road dust that results from living on a dirt road. I’m still trying to decide which glaze I would like to try. While waiting to find the “right” glaze, I did try Meguiar’s Ceramic Liquid Wax on my wife’s car. Because of her occasional off-road use, I used clay and swirl remover before I applied the ceramic wax. I’m curious to see if the finish on her car is more durable than the finish on my SLK. It’s hard for me to say which finish produces the best gloss because the cars are not the same color and her car is a darker color than mine.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,521 Posts
I replaced the body in my trunk with that 50 pounds of wax....shhhhhhhhh..don't tell anyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts