Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the WR fare when it comes to glare? I really don't like disruptions in my rear field of view. Given the low stance of the card I'd be afraid that at night or a bright sunny day there might be a lot of glare or "edge effects" that would drive me crazy.

Obviously, I'm considering a non-engraved version for my R170. :)

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts
Do not know about Windrestrictor wind blocker for the 170, but I have a wind blocker made by another company on by 170. At night the headlights from on coming cars will some time reflect off it into the inside mirror from the wind blocker. Makes you think a car is coming up behind you. That is the only glare or problem I have had with a wind blocker.

·
Registered
623 Posts
there was a thread about glare a couple months back. A search should turn it up. I use the net. The thread IIRC that there wasn't a big problem, although someone had a problem with the setting sun.

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
I have the OEM version. I do find that sometimes you get reflections from the audio display in the rear view mirror via teh wind blocker. I've also had a couple of reflections of oncoming car lights appearring like a ghostly car behind. Finally there have been ghost trees in my rear view mirror on moonlit nights.

The above only occur at night with the roof down, ie rarely. Day time roof down is fine, as is night time roof up.

Also, I have the manual dimming mirror and they can create ghostly images in any car.

AFAIK, the windristrictor is angled so that should reduce relfections from other cars. It might make the moonlit trees more prevelent.

·
Vendor
3,780 Posts
I have the OEM version. I do find that sometimes you get reflections from the audio display in the rear view mirror via teh wind blocker. I've also had a couple of reflections of oncoming car lights appearring like a ghostly car behind. Finally there have been ghost trees in my rear view mirror on moonlit nights.
The above only occur at night with the roof down, ie rarely. Day time roof down is fine, as is night time roof up.

Also, I have the manual dimming mirror and they can create ghostly images in any car.

AFAIK, the windristrictor is angled so that should reduce relfections from other cars. It might make the moonlit trees more prevelent.
This is true our product is angled to the rear of the roadster. We've found that it does help reduce any glare that may come during those rare situations. It also helps to maximize on wind turbulence reduction from behind.

·
Registered
67 Posts
On our trip the Windrestrictor gave us some glaring problems too. Not real happy with it, needs some kind of anti glare film on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts