Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2008 SLK55 AMG
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning!

This may be a daft question but how do you get the head unit to work/communicate with a 3G Iphone?

When I go to Bluetooth, I see my phone on the screen, go to connect, asks for a passcode, my phone then asks me to repeat passcode but the two units never connect.

Any idea what I am doing wrong here, driving me crazy!

Thanks

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Do you know which bluetooth puck you have? I ask because if you don't have a puck, you are trying to connect to the bluetooth module in the COMAND itself. This unfortunately is only for headsets - don't ask, I have NO idea why MB did that.

·
Registered
766 Posts
My iPhone works fine, just followed the instructions in the COMAND Operating Instruction Manual to the letter.

It even conects to the phone when it's not in the car and sitting in the house about 50' away.

Hope you get it sorted, it's the bee's knees when it's up and running with the phone book downloaded.

When you do get it sorted, beware that if you add a new contact in youur mobile it won't automatically appear in the phone book in the car. You have to delete the existing phone book in the car and then reload it from the phone.

Phil

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hooked my iPhone 3GS up to the car the other day and it was all good.

Took about 5 minutes for them to find each other and a few tries with the pairing code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.