Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i went to local rim shop today to change my rim/tires

anyway, i didnt know that 17' and 18' doesnt make a huge difference!

18' is not that big too, anyway i found a set of kyowa wheel? iono if i got the name correctly, but it didnt fit becuz the bolt place didnt fit

so i couldnt get the job done today and i have to wait now

im gonna get it at a place called rent a wheel, u purchase it through payments

i would rather pay it at once, but meh, i already applied and everything.

u get to change ur rim if u dont like it while its still under payment. u gotta pay xfer fee and stuff, but hey, u get to change ur rim.

anyway, im thinking about 18' black rim with yellow stripe on the edge, do u guys think it would look good?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
have u a picture? yellow anything does not do it for me

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,326 Posts
i'm from noo yawk and can tranlucedate the previous enuncification clearly

·
Premium Member 2007 SLK280
3,917 Posts
Originally being from Los Angeles I can still speak a little SoCal if you need it translated. Black with a yellow stripe could look wicked if the car is yellow, but it has to be the right shade of yellow.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
I wouldn't even consider non OEM rims, but that's me. As for black with yellow stripe, again not my cup of tea, Sterling Silver or Shadow Chrome would fit the bill for me.

17" vs 18" : There will be a difference in ride and handling, because the tyres on the 18" rims will have lower and stiffer side walls even if the tyres are the same width. The difference may not be huge though, and MB do of course fit 18" rims on some SLKs.

Finally bolt pattern is one thing, also need to get the stagger, offset, rim and tyre width right too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmm, have you guys heard "kyowa" wheel? i would stick with oem too but oem looks too normal.

Kyowa Racing Wheels

these rims are light weighted and cheap, and i asked the rim guy and he said all the rims have to pass the safe regulation law so they are all safe. i believe in "you get what you pay for" but as long as it doesnt break down (for the safety issue), i am ok with it.

it's this rim i think. Evolve Flat Black Wheel - Kyowa Racing Wheels

they are staggered and i think it's like 18x7 et35, 18x8 et40

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
hmm, have you guys heard "kyowa" wheel? i would stick with oem too but oem looks too normal.

Kyowa Racing Wheels

these rims are light weighted and cheap, and i asked the rim guy and he said all the rims have to pass the safe regulation law so they are all safe. i believe in "you get what you pay for" but as long as it doesnt break down (for the safety issue), i am ok with it.

it's this rim i think. Evolve Flat Black Wheel - Kyowa Racing Wheels

they are staggered and i think it's like 18x7 et35, 18x8 et40
Hey no problem mate! I'm just not a fan of aftermarket rims on a premium car. You asked for my opinion and that's what I gave. If you like these rims, then that's cool. Enjoy, it's your car after all.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
the only place to go !!!

i went to local rim shop today to change my rim/tires

anyway, i didnt know that 17' and 18' doesnt make a huge difference!

18' is not that big too, anyway i found a set of kyowa wheel? iono if i got the name correctly, but it didnt fit becuz the bolt place didnt fit

so i couldnt get the job done today and i have to wait now

im gonna get it at a place called rent a wheel, u purchase it through payments

i would rather pay it at once, but meh, i already applied and everything.

u get to change ur rim if u dont like it while its still under payment. u gotta pay xfer fee and stuff, but hey, u get to change ur rim.

anyway, im thinking about 18' black rim with yellow stripe on the edge, do u guys think it would look good?

L.A. Wheel and Tire I"v look and called all sources all around the country, and this is the past word on wheels..
i have custom winter chrome wheels that are smoken!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.