Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm getting my rims painted black, but I want to paint the outside rim a different color. For example, the picture I attached has the outside rim painted green. Any suggestions?? (My car is Silver with smoked tail lights)

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
polished lip maybe?

·
Registered
600 Posts
That's what I was thinking. Black and Chrome or Black and Grey, something to go with the car. Play with the colors that are already there. I always thought that Chrome, Black and Red look good together but in my case I only have Black and Chrome on my car, adding red would take some work. Like maybe red calipers. If I had red interior then it would be another story. Just try to stay within the visual elements that are already there to create an harmonious look. I have found that Mercs look better when they are modified in a subtle manner and good taste.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think Black with polished lips is what I'm gonna get. Maybe with the the center benz emblem polished also?

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
good choice :)

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
Thanks guys. I think Black with polished lips is what I'm gonna get. Maybe with the the center benz emblem polished also?
i'd go with having the lips matched to the color of your car.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
well his car is silver.... i think polished lip would match his silver car?

·
3,053 Posts
well his car is silver.... i think polished lip would match his silver car?
i don't think so, but of course that's personal preference.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
i'd go with having the lips matched to the color of your car.
silver lips on black centers? I guess it is personal choice, if he does it, he'll be the first (one I've seen). Polished lips/black center is a safe way to go

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Pictures!!

Well I got my car back. The guy showed me that it wouldn't look too good if I got polished lips because my rims don't have much lip to work with.. So, I got pure black with the emblem silver! I'm thinking about getting my brakes painted red! I also got the clear bumper lights done!

Attachments

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:confused:Not sure what you paid to have your wheels painted, I would assume at least $300-$400. There's some great deals on aftermarket wheels on eBay. Seems the trend is going to darker wheels, with black and gunmetal accents. Sorry, but all black wheels aren't attractive to me, but that's only one opinion. Good that all cars don't look alike.

·
Registered 2007 SLK200
820 Posts
i like it :) love dark wheels :p

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:confused:Not sure what you paid to have your wheels painted, I would assume at least $300-$400. There's some great deals on aftermarket wheels on eBay. Seems the trend is going to darker wheels, with black and gunmetal accents. Sorry, but all black wheels aren't attractive to me, but that's only one opinion. Good that all cars don't look alike.
Yea, I paid 300 out the door. I did consider buying aftermarket wheels, but I couldn't find any I liked within my price range :( . I do love the stock rims, so I went with painting and I don't regret it R).

i like it :) love dark wheels :p
Just got it and am lovin it! :tu:

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Yea, I paid 300 out the door. I did consider buying aftermarket wheels, but I couldn't find any I liked within my price range :( . I do love the stock rims, so I went with painting and I don't regret it R).
Just got it and am lovin it! :tu:
Well done & good for you!

·
3,053 Posts
How about a silver pinstripe around the edge of the rim? it would look very classy.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Make that two opinions, looks like spare wheels.

How about a silver pinstripe around the edge of the rim? it would look very classy.
+1 I concur, have to do something, it's just too dull looking, painting the brake calipers red will help a little.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.