Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago I got my first CEL accompanied by misfires and a noticeable loss of power replaced all spark plugs and coils 5/6 solved issue and CEL went off.

Two weeks ago got a CEL intake manifold flap was stuck ( plastic piece snapped ) replaced plastic piece with a higher strength aluminum version from UROPARTS CEL went off.

Yesterday while driving home out of nowhere CEL reappeared absolutely no noticeable problems with performance / no weird sounds or smells either checked gas cap and retightened it and filled my gas tank up again. CEL is still on its driving me nuts ? The car still runs fine ill get the car scanned tomorrow and see what codes I dig up.

CEL isn't flashing it's just on and before I fixed the manifold flap sometimes the CEL would turn itself off for a few days and randomly return.

No performance problems like when the coils/plugs were bad when that happened the car would have a rough idle and you could tell it just overall wasn't running how it used to kinda scary tbh. Just hope it's not something expensive because when the CEL is off I absolutely love driving the SLK but when it's on oh my I feel like I'm killing the car slowly.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.