Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Richard. If Mercedes Benz have serviced the vehicle the car will have a Digital Service Record which is car specific and doesn't identify any previous owners. This info has the VIN number the mileage, the type of service done and the extent of that service. When I purchased my previous 2010 SLK from an independent dealer the service history was sparse. I duly went to my local MB Dealer who very happily printed out the digital service history for my car even though I had not purchased through them. Needless to say I established a good relationship and since I have used the Main Dealer for Servicing. I even purchased my current SLK55 from them.

They obviously cant give you the receipts because that would have personal data on. However they should have offered the Digital Service Reports which if for example the Transmission fluid has been changed this would be listed. Give it another go or try another main dealer or complain to MB UK customer Services. Regards Martin

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
519 Posts
Martin,

That was certainly what I expected.

I live in North London, I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a main dealer that might be more accommodating?

Richard

Richard. If Mercedes Benz have serviced the vehicle the car will have a Digital Service Record which is car specific and doesn't identify any previous owners. This info has the VIN number the mileage, the type of service done and the extent of that service. When I purchased my previous 2010 SLK from an independent dealer the service history was sparse. I duly went to my local MB Dealer who very happily printed out the digital service history for my car even though I had not purchased through them. Needless to say I established a good relationship and since I have used the Main Dealer for Servicing. I even purchased my current SLK55 from them.

They obviously cant give you the receipts because that would have personal data on. However they should have offered the Digital Service Reports which if for example the Transmission fluid has been changed this would be listed. Give it another go or try another main dealer or complain to MB UK customer Services. Regards Martin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,423 Posts
Martin,

That was certainly what I expected.

I live in North London, I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a main dealer that might be more accommodating?

Richard

I also had no issue in getting a service history (after I bought Schwarzie) from my local dealer---who I did NOT buy her from. Nor do I normally service her there either.

In regards to your "quoted" question, we have a forum set up specifically for that

·
519 Posts
Thanks, but I’ve already looked there.

Richard

I also had no issue in getting a service history (after I bought Schwarzie) from my local dealer---who I did NOT buy her from. Nor do I normally service her there either.

In regards to your "quoted" question, we have a forum set up specifically for that

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,462 Posts
Hi Richard,

Sorry to report, but My MB Dealer in Basingstoke kindly printed My full Digital Service History, when I mentioned that I was selling My R171... (But obviously they new or made an assumtion that it was My car..!!)

I would try ringing MB UK HQ and name the the Service Manager & Dealership:
...and ask if it is correct that MB no longer provide a Digital Service History?
(Because without a Service History, a car is worthless, as someone pointed out to Me... :oops: )

Edit: OK, done a Google search, does look like You need the VIN, V5, ID ect to get Digital Service History.
But the MB Service Manager should have either asked for ID + V5, or pointed You in the correct direction...
(One can only assume with His lack of helpfulness, that He doesn't want Your business in future?)

·
519 Posts
Hi Richard,

Sorry to report, but My MB Dealer in Basingstoke kindly printed My full Digital Service History, when I mentioned that I was selling My R171... (But obviously they new or made an assumtion that it was My car..!!)

I would try ringing MB UK HQ and name the the Service Manager & Dealership:
...and ask if it is correct that MB no longer provide a Digital Service History?
(Because without a Service History, a car is worthless, as someone pointed out to Me... :oops: )

Edit: OK, done a Google search, does look like You need the VIN, V5, ID ect to get Digital Service History.
But the MB Service Manager should have either asked for ID + V5, or pointed You in the correct direction...
(One can only assume with His lack of helpfulness, that He doesn't want Your business in future?)
Thanks Trev,

That does sort of seem to be the way of it - having met me, you can see why he wouldn’t want my business

I did offer to bring the V5 and ID and purchase receipt in with me and the best he could offer was that if I ppurchased a service booklet from them he would then stamp it with the details of the dealers who had done the work and I could contact each of those dealers in order to find out what work had been done.

·
2,462 Posts
Hmmm..... Having visited quite a few MB Dealers, the further they are from London, the more helpful & grateful of Your business they are. (In mine & some "Out West" MB Dealers opinion..!!)

So I just phoned My Sandown Mercedes, which Basingstoke is part of the group & the very helpful Lady just said to
ring MB HQ on 0207 660 9993 with the car Registration that I was looking to purchase.....
....and they would advise on it's Service History...!!! (Open till 7:30pm weekdays)

·
519 Posts
Amazeballs Trev!,

Just tried them. 08.00 to 18.00 current opening hours. I shall call them first thing tomorrow and report back :)

Hmmm..... Having visited quite a few MB Dealers, the further they are from London, the more helpful & grateful of Your business they are. (In mine & some "Out West" MB Dealers opinion..!!)

So I just phoned My Sandown Mercedes, which Basingstoke is part of the group & the very helpful Lady just said to
ring MB HQ on 0207 660 9993 with the car Registration that I was looking to purchase.....
....and they would advise on it's Service History...!!! (Open till 7:30pm weekdays)

·
Premium Member 2004 SLK350
4,407 Posts
register here
Call the main dealer and they will give you a code, if the car has been serving with main dealer then you can see the history online.

·
519 Posts
register here
Call the main dealer and they will give you a code, if the car has been serving with main dealer then you can see the history online.
That would have been great, except:
"Digital Service Report
Unfortunately, no data is available for this vehicle. We are only able to offer the Digital Service Report for vehicles as of July 2008. Please contact your service partner, who will be pleased to advise you personally about our service offerings."

Mine's a 2005 reg. But, I had fun trying to complete the signup using Safari - in the end I had to install Opera, just for it to tell me that :rolleyes:

I wonder what will happen when I call them tomorrow.

Richard

·
Premium member 2014 SLK200
2,006 Posts
Am I correct in thinking that digital service reports were initiated in 2008 and apply to all Mercedes cars serviced at Main Dealers from sometime that year?
If that is the case, a 2005 car serviced at main dealers should have a digital service record regardless of year.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
5,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Am I correct in thinking that digital service reports were initiated in 2008 and apply to all Mercedes cars serviced at Main Dealers from sometime that year?
If that is the case, a 2005 car serviced at main dealers should have a digital service record regardless of year.
Yes your are correct that any car serviced at Main dealers after these digital service reports were introduced in 2008 would have their service records maintained in this format.

·
519 Posts
Yes your are correct that any car serviced at Main dealers after these digital service reports were introduced in 2008 would have their service records maintained in this format.
UPDATE.
I gave them a call, they were able to ascertain that the car had been serviced by MB and asked me to email my driving licence and V5 to them. They will send me a copy of the Digital Service History. I will upload the document when I get it so we can all see what it contains. In the end, 'Simples'.

·
2,462 Posts
Good news that You "may" finally get the service history....h
...so does the old paper service booklet in the glove box now suffer from the same GDPR Rules...!!
When I got my R171 200 (all of 3 weeks ago now!), It came with a very sketchy service history, so apart from knowing that Quickfit changed the oil a while ago I knew very little else. However in my enthusiastic web usage, I checked to see how much a service from MB would be at 70K. Lo and behold it told me that my car had last been serviced by them at 64K.
Going back to when the car was last serviced:
My Father in laws 2018 Ford Focus (3300 miles) was serviced in March 2019 and driven ~15 miles home, but not driven since then due to ill health... 😟
Believe it may have been started once or twice tops, but certainly needed My CTEK charger on it a few times..
Anyway, finally got moved in September 2019 (so 6 months & ~15 miles after it was serviced) and the display flashed up that it wanted an oil change...!! 🧐
I'm guessing the car considered the lack of miles detrimental to the condition of the oil...???

·
519 Posts
So, Got the following reply from M-B:

"Mercedes-Benz Model: SLK-200 Kompressor
Chassis No: WDB1714422F069401

Thank you for contacting Mercedes-Benz Customer Service regarding service history.

The car with chassis number WDB1714422F069401 is not supported by Digital Service Booklet due to its age. However, I have compiled a list of Mercedes-Benz services that have been carried out from information that we hold on our systems.

Please keep in mind that we can only provide information on services carried out within the official Mercedes-Benz network.
Mercedes-Benz of Watford - Service - 22/02/2007 - Mileage - 13791
Mercedes-Benz of Watford - Service - 07/03/2008 - Mileage - 23163
Mercedes-Benz of Watford - Service - 21/01/2009 - Mileage - 33762
We would recommend contacting the servicing retailer directly if you wish to obtain more information on these services. I have included the telephone number below.
Should you have any further requirements please do not hesitate to contact us."

So, I wrote back saying that when I looked into booking a service, their booking form informed me that the last recorded milage was 65k. Perhaps the system somewhere might have this information too?

We shall see.

Richard

1 - 19 of 19 Posts