Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm still fairly new to this forum and to the SLK. Recently, I decided I wanted to begin my research before picking one up.

I live in America...sunshine state of Florida...(forgive my account, I can't seem to get the forum to allow me to update any info), and I was just curious the costs on general maintenance. The dealer at one of the shops told me the oil only had to be changed once a year. Now, I don't know if thats true or not, but I prefer to ask the real experts, visa vi, you guys.

Has maintenance been expensive for you over the past few years? If your ok with saying, how much did it run you about? I'll probably be looking into the R171 line, if that helps clarify the car...the specific year, I'm not sure yet. Thanks for any and all comments. Take care!

·
Registered
413 Posts
All I know is that I am going to be paying 350 for a service C and I just bought my car from another owner. Blows!

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Not cheap.

Over last 1.75 years of ownership

1]door control module - warranty
2]Steering grinding- mis diagnosis and oil top up - warranty
3]New tyres - 280 £
4]Service B - 300£
5]Steering - properly diagnosed - rack replaced - 90£ i paid, Merc paid about 3000£ under good will.

So if i had to pay for all the above- i would be crying

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Here is my breakdown for aprx two years of ownership (from brand new) and 20k miles:

-scheduled maintenance as per FSS: ~Can$500
-one new set of tires: ~$1000
-2 MAF sensors: $0 (warranty)
-air leak passenger window area and squeaking seals: $0 (warranty)
-new brake pads/rotors front and rear: $0 (warranty)

That last item was a bit of a stretch, but thanks to a decent dealer, they were all replaced just prior to the expiry of the 2 year wear and tear warranty coverage.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
LOL! And in recompense they sent me to Dallas for that two day AMG Driving Challenge thing.

...wait that cost me the price of a new C63 in the end :D

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
If the bloody thing ever shows up...I have no patience *L*.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Well I did try doing a few donunts at the end of the track once and got yelled at...so I still live my life...:biglaugh:

·
Registered
55 Posts
All I know is that I am going to be paying 350 for a service C and I just bought my car from another owner. Blows!
Thanks I was wondering how much server C was I'm coming up on C in 10,000 miles
That's not to bad $350.
I'm used to $1000+ services with the M

·
Registered
604 Posts
once i learned what outside suppliers to get parts from i found the cost of parts are only marginally more than my other gm autos. i do most of the work myself but there are many independent shops that will allow you to buy the parts and they install them for a fair fee. look around, lots of indies in fl

1 - 18 of 18 Posts