Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gene Haas has not ruled out signing Danica Patrick for his new Formula 1 team next season, should she be able to attract a big-name sponsor.

Haas F1 is now just 10 months away from making its debut, and question marks still hang over the driver line-up.

The team has already announced no decision will be made until later this year, with numerous names in the frame, and that includes Patrick.

The 33-year-old, currently competing in the NASCAR Sprint Cup with the team Haas co-owns with Tony Stewart, is to lose long-time backer GoDaddy at the end of the year.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
Well I hope she attracts sponsors because I don’t expect her to win many races. Here is her record in Indy Car Racing. One win in 7 years.

Year - - - Races - - - - - Wins
2005 - - - 17 of 17 - - - - 0
2006 - - - 13 of 14 - - - - 0
2007 - - - 17 of 17 - - - - 0
2008 - - - 17 of 18- - - - 1
2009 - - - 17 of 17 - - - - 0
2010 - - - 17 of 17 - - - - 0
2011 - - - 17 of 17 - - - - 0
7 years- - 115 - - - - - - - 1

Myself, I would prefer someone who might win a race or two.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Well I hope she attracts sponsors because I don’t expect her to win many races. Here is her record in Indy Car Racing. One win in 7 years.
And who might that be? It does appear Kimi is out at Ferrari(IF Bottas really did "sign" with Ferrari), but a new team/car is more than likely not going to win any races for a few years, if at all.

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
And who might that be?........ but a new team/car is more than likely not going to win any races for a few years, if at all.
Which is a good reason to get good young American driver. Graham Rahal comes to mind however he may be too tall for a Formula 1 car. Others include Josef Newgarden, and my favorite Sage Karam.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I really just wondered why you didn't mention any drivers in your first post.
I think Rahal is too old, but Newgarden and Kasam do come to mind, plus the young man(the name I can't remember) who was recently a test driver for one of the F1 teams.

It would be cool, but race wins? Not likely, at least for the first few years. I mean, look at the established teams that don't win.

BUT, we can dream!!!

·
Registered
373 Posts

7 years- - 115 - - - - - - - 1

I'm not familiar with motorsports. But this post begs a question.

When I have seen races, there seem to be quite a number of drivers involved. I suspect that only a handful have more than a few wins. How does her stats compare with the rest of the field? Also, how many 2nd - 5th place results? Unless her stats put her in the bottom 20% of drivers, your assessment would seem to be rather harsh and unsubstantiated.

In golf, which I have seen more of, only a handful of a huge field of professional golfers win the big tournaments. But a lot of money is made by those who make it to the top 10 more than occasionally. And of course there is the attention factor. Tiger Woods would make lots of money simply by showing up as his participation drew the audience. The audience draws the sponsors.

Given the field of drivers, few current day drivers are more of a household name and recognizable that Patrick. Anyone serious about the business side of motorsports would be foolish to ignore that dynamic.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts