Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to change my black leather gear change knob for a red one. How does the knob come off. ?? dont want to damage anything

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys I did search before I asked but nothing came up. Maybe because I used UK English hahahah :) I will have a go at it this week

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
JB, just what color IS Periclase? It looks blue-ish in your pics.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
John, I looked at JB's "garage" pics, and it does look blue-ISH(I hope Woolly isn't reading this...) in some of the pics.
To my way of thinking, BRG is GLORIOUS GREEN, the color of my first car, an A-H Sprite. I really do miss that car(but NOT the Lucas electrics!!!), and it was 43 years ago.

I suddenly feel a bit older...

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
This is the reason I asked; from "Web mineral, Periclase Mineral Data" Color: Brownish yellow, Colorless, Green, Gray white, Yellow.

On MY monitor, it could be green, but it looks more like blue. Interesting...

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the reason I asked; from "Web mineral, Periclase Mineral Data" Color: Brownish yellow, Colorless, Green, Gray white, Yellow.

On MY monitor, it could be green, but it looks more like blue. Interesting...
Its deffo green. From a distance it looks like BRG but close up you can see the metallic paint. I think Woollys green is a better colour IMHO. But what sold me on it was the red leather combination.

I think MB got carried away or lost with their use of mineral/gemstone names for the colours. Periclase is an uncommon and uninspiring mineral. There are others that would be more indentifiable. Here speaks a retired jeweller. :)

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There is (or was!) one called Jasper! :) See below!
Thats a really cool colour. I had my heart set on a fire opal but when I saw the periclase with red leather I was sold on it.

Pity about the horrendous road tax. I hadnt realised there was a problem after march 2006. Its more expensive the the fully comp insurance :(

Could be a problem if and when I sell it !

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Thats a really cool colour. I had my heart set on a fire opal but when I saw the periclase with red leather I was sold on it.

Pity about the horrendous road tax. I hadnt realised there was a problem after march 2006. Its more expensive the the fully comp insurance :(

Could be a problem if and when I sell it !

Thanks - I have two of my favorite colors and one that just a job! :)

Agree on the road tax - it was one of the things that limited the car's I was willing to purchase. As it turns out, means I got more for my money all around - basically my savings mean I can easily justify Tier 1 warranty on the beast!

·
Registered
248 Posts
ya, it was very easy actually..at first i was nervous in musceling the shift knob off after I unscrewed it because I wasn't sure if I'd damage it or not.. but, it went well...now I just gotta find a boot to go with it..I am currently still using the old boot..

·
Banned
7,812 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks - I have two of my favorite colors and one that just a job! :)

Agree on the road tax - it was one of the things that limited the car's I was willing to purchase. As it turns out, means I got more for my money all around - basically my savings mean I can easily justify Tier 1 warranty on the beast!
I run without any warranty. Warranty Direct want nearly 900 pounds a year. NO Chance. I dont have that sort of money. I only have my state pension so I have to take a chance (touch wood) :eek:)

When I can afford a smart top that will be my last mod. Mind looking at all the threads. I am not sure I dare attempt the installation :(

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
JB, sorry to have started a thread jack, but "no warranty"!? My '06 350 needed trans work(<3k miles/3 months of ownership), and if I hadn't had a warranty, it would have been $2000 out of my pocket. I truly hope you have no problems. By the way, I'm paying for my car with my p/t job earnings(my Civil Service retirement $$$'s got to my wife so I can have a roof over my head and food to eat...she's a keeper!!!).

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.