Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cazzle just picked up an ex MB exec A Class.
W169 A200 E Sport :tu:

I seem to remember someone wanting a gear knob with MB symbol on top??

The A class Sport Knob uses the same generic MB 1/2 turn base and pull off.

Pix att of knob and Car :Beer:

Bazzle

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,053 Posts
wow...pretty nice. i notice a couple things. the knob doesn't look like it's compatible with slk 'prong'. the HVAC is identical to optional unit on SLK? is it any cheaper? is it compatible? AMG badge...but don't see what's AMG on it?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Picky picky, if he wants an AMG on it, leave him alone. I got AMG emblems on my Kubota tractors. Im smiling real big, hope you are too. That knob would luuk guuud in my 170 manual, reckon would it fit. I could always use red neck adhesive (duct tape). That stuff holds all my car seats together, only problem is when I drop chewing tobacco on it I can't get it up. So when I sit down I git brown stains on my drawers. My wife got mad the other day cause I stained a new pair of bib overhauls so I fixed her, next time I drove that car, I didn't wear no drawers at all. Felt cool til I got to church and was standin in the parkin lot with everbody laughin at me, I guess cause I had brown stains on my cheeks. I should have been a comedian, well I am funny, if only in my own mind. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: Oh, BTW your steerin wheel is on the wrong side to, that factory must be servin beer at breaktime agin. When I was a kid we cut a 53 chevy in half and put two front ends together, the people round town went crazy when they came up behind
you at a traffic light. Same looks you would get here wid the steerin wheel over on the wrong side.

D

·
0 Posts
The HVAC is not compatible the shape of the unit is different and so are in the pinouts but you are right the controls themselves are the same.

The AMG badge is supposed to be there its part of the sports pack for it.

Bazzle nice machine mate i am sure she is very happy with it.

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts
I've liked the A Class since I first saw it back in 2000. Nice snag Bazzle!! :tu:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
That's a good looking A class. :tu:

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks chaps.

The knob fits my R170 SLK nicely so assume R171 is the same.

I also assumed AMG badge is part of sport pagage, (suspension, wheels (17x7) etc) but I guess a sport badge would of been more correct.(was ex MB car??)

Bazzle

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.