Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the 06 slk55 can you put the gear display in the upper dash area? I thumbed through the steering wheel buttons, got Sirius channel name, speed, range, ...

but is there a way to see what gear your in up there? I know you can see it in the small area next to the driving style selected...

I was watching a few youtube videos and in one I saw the large gear display..

just curious if its possible in the 06SLK55 and how do do it if it is

-JM

·
Registered
357 Posts
The setting is in the group of settings that show the amp meter reading, just scroll through and you will see the gear over the oil temp. This setting is very useful in that it flashes the oil temp until it reaches 80 to warn you not to rev the engine too high before it properly heats up. On my 07 it is the first setting if I scroll down from the radio setting theb you may have to do +/- till you get the oil temp and gear up.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a deposit on it :) it was coming out of lease and will be sold as a "certified pre-owned" was pretty happy after a few days of looking the gorgeous AMG popped up. seems like i'm getting a pretty good deal on it. getting 4 new tires and windshield replaced (has small stone damage on drivers side) the dealer is claiming with the certified pre-owned my warranty will actually be better than the standard new car warranty. He has told me I will be under warranty until 2011 or 100,000 miles.... seems almost too good to be true!

well if all goes well I will be picking up my 06 55 on Monday:)

hope the weather is good next week:)

what has your avg MPG been in yours? this new car search was originally to get out of my gas guzzler H2, Im afraid the V8 wont be a huge increase in fuel economy, but da*m its fun to drive:)

-J

·
Registered
357 Posts
I avg about 15-18 around town depending on the weight of my foot. When I picked my car up (bought out of state) I got about 21 on the drive home with the top down most of the way running about 85mph. I hope you love yours as much as I have mine. I have to admit there have been a couple of times that I have wondered if it's really worth it, but once I get behind the wheel all that goes away it really is an awesome car.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it seems like it! it will be strange going from H2 to two seater, but I have an dodge pick up that I keep at my fathers place if I need to haul something. Im hoping we can agree on the numbers and make a deal. I never have enjoyed the back and fourth people go through at the dealership. it never fails that someone will have a better deal somewhere:) How bad are the service intervals anyway? its not really 100 bucks for an oil change is it? how often are the service intervals on the SLK55. I will search the forum to see if its listed. :)

is there anywhere to get an 06 SLK55 owners manual in PDF?

I have been looking at the roof modules, it seems the smart roof might be the way to go?

-J

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
i believe only 2007 and later SLK 55s can do this. the software in the 06 and earlier can't be upgraded to do this without a complete cluster swap and recode.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
awwe! fail.

thats a bummer, but seems like it might be the case as I browsed though the menus and didn't recall seeing that... hence why I was asking here :)

well bummer.

guess I will have to train myself to look at the small area where the gear is displayed.

thanks,

-J

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Service intervals on the 55 are 10K miles or 1 year. And yes, they tend to be pricey but there have been some recent posts about prices coming down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.