Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:biglaugh: I saw my first $1.99 a gallon gas today:bannana: . What's the cheapest gas in your area?

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
-1- said:
:biglaugh: I saw my first $1.99 a gallon gas today:bannana: . What's the cheapest gas in your area?
we, in the UK are paying bout $8.00 per gallon - if it goes up much more, it should keep more cars off the roads (aint happening yet unfortunately :confused: )

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
$2.65 unleaded
$2.75 unleaded plus
$2.85 premium unleaded

Colorado is up there with SoCal, we used to be alot cheaper, but guess we can't complain, folks from europe is paying 3x as much.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Ynot said:
$2.65 unleaded
$2.75 unleaded plus
$2.85 premium unleaded

Colorado is up there with SoCal, we used to be alot cheaper, but guess we can't complain, folks from europe is paying 3x as much.
On Friday I paid $2.86 a gallon in Ft. Laderdale by the dealer, which is a blue collar area. I came back to the expensive Miami Beach to find the tourist bleeding places selling it for $2.24 a gallon for Premium.

You need to live in Ft. Worth, the gas is always cheap there.

·
Founding member #7
2,151 Posts
Very interesting map. I see my New York State is right up there with the highest. I guess those figures include the taxes, so I guess it makes sense. NY likes taxes.

Come to think of it, what would be even better would be to see a line chart over time. That way you would know if everybody was going up or staying the same or what. Also be interesting to see it without taxes. I'll have to go back and look around some more...

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Pa isnt doing bad, we are between 2.30 and 2.45 in some areas... which is like 270 260 for premium..

·
Founding Member
43 Posts
Woolly said:
we, in the UK are paying bout $8.00 per gallon - if it goes up much more, it should keep more cars off the roads (aint happening yet unfortunately :confused: )
Hello Wooley, did you convert litres to imperial or US gallons? Saw my first 0.87 per Ltr today, heard on the news that Asda were going to drop theirs to 0.82 by the weekend!:bannana:

·
17,375 Posts
dagd said:
Hello Wooley, did you convert litres to imperial or US gallons? Saw my first 0.87 per Ltr today, heard on the news that Asda were going to drop theirs to 0.82 by the weekend!:bannana:
very (very very) rough conversion - about £1/l, bout 5l/gallon, bout $1.7 =£1 very rough, but price far more than our US friends (might be worth goin over there just to top-up :D )

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
well if it's 1 pound in the UK per liter.

1 pound is 1.89$ at the moment

1 US Gallon is 3.785 Liters
1 UK Gallon is 4.546 Liters(un-related)

so compared to the US we pay $7.15 per US gallon in the UK(county durham).

In surrey we pay $6.22

You can tell I'm excited to be back at work. ;)

·
17,375 Posts
easty said:
well if it's 1 pound in the UK per liter.

1 pound is 1.89$ at the moment

1 US Gallon is 3.785 Liters
1 UK Gallon is 4.546 Liters(un-related)

so compared to the US we pay $7.15 per US gallon in the UK(county durham).

In surrey we pay $6.22

You can tell I'm excited to be back at work. ;)
told you it woz rough - can't do sums, my acountant does them for me :rb

Have u just back from Oz - did u have a good trip ??

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Woolly said:
Have u just back from Oz - did u have a good trip ??
Yes, Yes. Awesome place. Did so much stuff. had Vip seats at corner 4 for the philip island motogp. Drop up and down the great ocean road and around the grampians and spent a long weekend doing melbourne. Awesome. Cannot wait to go again! :tu:

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:bannana: Paid $1.95 for regular unleaded this evening. :td: Lower gas prices make me :biglaugh: .

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Uk prices are ridiculous. costs me £65 to fill up my SLK on super unleaded.
however our petrol holds more RON than the US markets petrol, so it isbetter and more efficient for the car. but i dont think it justifies 700% more.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Woolly said:
My first car in 1974 cost less than that :eek:
:biglaugh: as i said its ridiculous. i dont even spend that on Xmas presents for the family!!!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
N4PWJ said:
i dont even spend that on Xmas presents for the family!!!!!

Can I please hire you out to do my shopping, My eve shopping in argos cost me a bloody fortune. People don't accept the fact it's already cost me stupid amounts of money to travel home and see them. :soap:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts