Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
been seeing some downward trend, but still some big differences.

a 25 cent difference between two stations of the same brand about 3 miles apart.

lowest for 91 octane at $3.91/gal, not too far away, different brand at $4.29

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
As of today $4.19/US gal at the Chevron I usually go to.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
I paid $4.239 today for Shell 93.

·
Premium Member 1999 SLK230-sold
15,349 Posts
Praise Mb pretty soon we will have the new Slk with a Diesel Motor yes it will be over 4 bucks a gallon but the return at 45 mpg will be awesome. Just think you can go pass the Speed limited in a Slk Diesel. Thanks to Mb you will have all the comfort stuff in your Slk Power Design and Style in a Diesel just make shure you fill up before you pick up your date. LOL Have you driven an Mb Diesel lately ??? The dirty diesel days that Gm gave us are over. Diesel is not a dirty word any longer around the world but America lets face it Audi broke the world record in Le Mans with a Diesel. Bmw got a Diesel with biturbo in the 7 Series and that car rocks. You would not know the difference. But the word Diesel here in America is like as dirty street hooker . Dont judge before you know the hole story.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
been seeing some downward trend, but still some big differences.

a 25 cent difference between two stations of the same brand about 3 miles apart.

lowest for 91 octane at $3.91/gal, not too far away, different brand at $4.29
I said 91 octane, think I should have said 93.

·
Registered 2010 SLK300
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
anyone know why in the UK regular is 97/98 octane? is there a "premium" there?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Audi broke the world record in Le Mans with a Diesel.
Yes, Audi's Dr Ulrich was recently quoted ...

• we travel more miles in 24 hrs at LeMans than any single F1 car does in an entire season of races
  • we do it at a higher average speed than the average of race average speeds for an entire season of F1 races
  • we do it on 42% less fuel
... and for us to join F1 would be ridiculous as it's irrelevant to the real motoring world.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Yes, Audi's Dr Ulrich was recently quoted ...

• we travel more miles in 24 hrs at LeMans than any single F1 car does in an entire season of races
  • we do it at a higher average speed than the average of race average speeds for an entire season of F1 races
  • we do it on 42% less fuel
... and for us to join F1 would be ridiculous as it's irrelevant to the real motoring world.
That's quite nice and well, but F1 is 100 times more exciting to me. And I don't think much in Le Mans applies to the real world either.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.