MOD MAN
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was stuck on three dollars for a week... Finally went under

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,817 Posts
don't make me post that techron top tier gasoline thread again!!!

·
MOD MAN
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's just a gas station of the HW on way back home, good enough for my truck..How much is regular unleaded in your area?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I filled the Camry up the other day at $2.89 - and didn't really think about it until I saw the total. Scary what we get used to.

·
Registered
208 Posts
UK prices are about £1.40 ($2.25) per litre unleaded.

That's £6.44 ($10.36) per gallon........

Thats £98 ($157.60) for a tank-full in our R171

·
fastdawg
4,382 Posts
When I was in Spain in the early 80's, when I was there for 3 years, it was $3.60 a gallon. But still, England, holy crap! I hope you guys make a lot of money over there!

·
Air Suspension Manager
631 Posts
$2.45 per litre in Turkey :(

·
Air Suspension Manager
631 Posts
$2.45 per litre in Turkey :(

·
Premium Member
1,617 Posts
When I was in Spain in the early 80's, when I was there for 3 years, it was $3.60 a gallon. But still, England, holy crap! I hope you guys make a lot of money over there!
That's why you have to forgive us when we discuss fuel consumption on the forum! :)

·
Banned
992 Posts
UK prices are about £1.40 ($2.25) per litre unleaded.

That's £6.44 ($10.36) per gallon........

Thats £98 ($157.60) for a tank-full in our R171
It's £1.289 at many places around here in S. London. I had a 'Save 5p/litre' coupon from Waitrose redeemable at Shell, who were a penny more expensive to start with, but from below the reserve warning light to two clicks on the pump came to £71 on my 171. Should last until the w/e.....

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Well, here is Sunny Southern California down the San Diego way with all our (not required in all of the US) special mandated fuel mixes for environmental concerns, I refueled with premium (91) yesterday at $3.729 per gallon and was TOTALLY THRILLED. It's the lowest it's been since I started keeping track in June 2012, with the high being $4.39 in February this year and over $4.80 a few months before that when it was seeming to approach $5/gallon.

·
fastdawg
4,382 Posts
I'm probably more attuned than most American's on world prices as I have lived or visited Thailand, Taiwan, Philippines, Spain, Italy, and Turkey. I was still shocked though when I lived in Spain. We could buy Campsa (I think that's how you spelled it) coupons on base per litre at more normal American prices and use them off base at local gas stations. Our prices at that time was 75 cents per gallon. That was 1980 through 1983 midway. I have also gamed (internet) for a number of years and a number of my Clan mates are from England/Europe, so I've been hearing about it for years, but still it does smack you upside the head considering what we pay. Of course, Venezuela pays or did pay until recently 12 cent a gallon.

http://www.bloomberg.com/visual-data/gas-prices/

·
Banned
992 Posts
Be careful 'cramming' fuel in - always stop at the first click, otherwise the carbon canister (emission rubbish stuff ) can fill, leading to a few problems and a CEL.
Yeah, thanks, but I had been warned. The 'two clicks' was more like a 'habit' thing and I don't think I over-did it.

When I was at highschool, I worked at service petrol stations for pocket money. Amazed at how many vehicles 'clicked' when only 3/4 full. Some owners insisted on showing me 'how it was done'. We had pumps with manual trigger locks. The pumps reset after the trigger was removed from the holster. Fancy 1/2 gallon through your open window? I saw it happen. Not pretty. :)

·
Premium Member
6,796 Posts
It's been about 1.14 for regular unleaded (1.26 for premium) for quite a while. Perhaps the US price would come down if you were to pipe some Canuckistan oil south to the refineries.... just a thought (and definitely not a political commentary).

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
$3.11 for regular unleaded here, cheapest it's been for awhile.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts