Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my gas door lock is missing , does anyone know how to get to it ?

I have a constant popping sound in the trunk and i'm wondering if that could be the cause. post pics if you have them .. thank you !

i already did a search on gas door lock, but found nothing .. thanks in advance as usual , this site rocks !! tons of good info!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any idea how to get to it? without taking the entire car apart ?

I can hear popping ..i'm thinking that could be where the noise is coming from.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
any idea how to get to it? without taking the entire car apart ?

I can hear popping ..i'm thinking that could be where the noise is coming from.
I think you're referring to this diagram:

Part no. 80 (A2108001175) "Filler Neck Flap". I would assume that you can access it from the trunk but you might want to remove the side panel in the trunk. To do this I think the central back panel also needs to be removed :(. So you might want to spend some time over there.:tu:

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
If you take the liner out of the rhs of the trunk, you'll see a unit that looks like a small hedgehog/porcupine - with a load of plastic pipes coming out of it. That is your PSE vacuum pump. You might be able to trace one of the tubes up to the gas flap lock, and if you are very lucky, the lock might still be on the end of it, just pushed out.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
Jason is our new epc-net person! Yay!!!!

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found the pump and actually dried it the other day , it was acting up after the snow storm came through... can't trace the tube from there.. it goes into neverland on a wiring harness.... i'm just hoping there is an easy way to access it without a complete tear down...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I seem to be in need of a number 25 part from that diagram, as the little nipple part of my drivers side door is broken off into the vacuum hose. Can anyone tell me the name and part number of that little gray piece that the vacuum hose hooks onto?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
part 25 is called 'coupling' and the part number is A2028000453

taken from a 230 vin since i do not have your vinnumber

·
Registered
30 Posts
I noticed that my gas door lock is missing , does anyone know how to get to it ?

I have a constant popping sound in the trunk and i'm wondering if that could be the cause. post pics if you have them .. thank you !

i already did a search on gas door lock, but found nothing .. thanks in advance as usual , this site rocks !! tons of good info!
Had the same problem on my 97 SLK230, if you look up in the right corner of the trunk there should be a small plastic cover, pull it open and use a flash light, you will see a RED PLASTIC handle, push it forward (have the gas door open) then you will see a small plunger, that is the locking rod, spray it with WD-40 or some other lubricant, then using the little red handle movit it back and forth a few times, that should solve the problem.

IMAG0295.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.