Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Hope everyone is staying safe !

I just wondered if anyone has the latest maps for their sat nav? I have them for mine, but, am very surprised that a postcode I wanted to visit (before lockdown of course), is not available. The place I wanted to visit was built in 2017, so I would have expected the road to show on the sat nav, but, it doesn't. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes for a road to actually be placed on the maps? Can anyone check the postcode for me on theirs, I am just wondering if the version of maps I have is incorrectly labelled.

Thanks, Lianne

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am hoping someone on the site has the latest maps in theirs and they can check if a postcode shows up on theirs for me :)

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW have now put Waze on my phone and will give that a try as well, is it possible to get it to display on the Comand screen?

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you. The postcode I am looking for is WF8 2FF. This is not available on mine, even though it is supposed to be the latest maps - it is weird as my TomTom has had this postcode on for a while.

·
Registered 2012 SLK350
791 Posts
Not sure what the latest version is for UK on map pilot but you can check if updates are available at home with the official MB update software.
A thread with details:

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
6,219 Posts
Hello @Lianne . Just checked the Royal Mail website and the Postcode is listed as Hazel Way Pontefract. Just checked my Comand Satnav which has the latest 2019 maps and the postcode goes WF8 2FBlank so cannot get that post code either. Just checked Google maps and Hazel Way is listed.

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you have Comand with Apple Carplay you can get Waze on the screen.
It has the items detailed below and I have a Samsung Note 8
014USmartphone integration package
A1
016UApple CarPlay
A1
017UAndroid Auto
A1

I have an SLC43, 2018, 2019 spec, but cannot get that postcode either.
Hello @Lianne . Just checked the Royal Mail website and the Postcode is listed as Hazel Way Pontefract. Just checked my Comand Satnav which has the latest 2019 maps and the postcode goes WF8 2FBlank so cannot get that post code either. Just checked Google maps and Hazel Way is listed.
Thank you both for checking. It is quite surprising that the maps don't include it as the street has been there since 2016/2017. I was convinced my maps weren't the latest, but you have all put my mind at ease.

Thank you everyone :)

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK55 AMG
2,514 Posts
I haven’t bothered paying for updates to the maps and it is normal for these to be out of date by the time they are released. I also use Waze and have a CarPlay module which allows me to have it on the Comand display screen. Looking at your options list and phone. You should be able to integrate your one with the media system. Being a Samsung, Android auto connection will be the way to go. Not sure if that supports Waze but check it out and let us know. Should definitely support Google maps. Good luck.

·
Registered 2017 SLC300
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I haven’t bothered paying for updates to the maps and it is normal for these to be out of date by the time they are released. I also use Waze and have a CarPlay module which allows me to have it on the Comand display screen. Looking at your options list and phone. You should be able to integrate your one with the media system. Being a Samsung, Android auto connection will be the way to go. Not sure if that supports Waze but check it out and let us know. Should definitely support Google maps. Good luck.
Thank you. I will give that a go :)

·
Registered 2018 SLC43
166 Posts
See my post just now in the R172 General section for how ANYBODY can update their Garmin SD card for free, to the latest version

I have the 2020/2021 V15 Maps (just released) by updating with a little trick to always get the newest version

1 - 20 of 20 Posts