Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a good garage in south east / south London or North Kent. I think I need the timing chain replaced and the garage that I have got a quote from already has told be they will not change the sprockets which to my mind is not right, I'd rather have them changed at the time and hopefully not cost me an extra £1000... as well as telling me I should have them (at a cost of about £200-300) open the engine to see if the timing chain has stretched..

Many thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Hi All,

I was hoping someone would be able to recommend a good garage in south east / south London or North Kent. I think I need the timing chain replaced and the garage that I have got a quote from already has told be they will not change the sprockets which to my mind is not right, I'd rather have them changed at the time and hopefully not cost me an extra £1000... as well as telling me I should have them (at a cost of about £200-300) open the engine to see if the timing chain has stretched..

Many thanks,

Scott

Where exactly are you??

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
^ I've used these guys quite a bit. No coffee or sofa, tucked away behind houses, but my experience has found them to be reasonable, honest and thorough:

PDQ Services
6 Google reviews
Garage in Sidcup, England
Address: 147 Birkbeck Rd, Sidcup DA14 4DJ

Phone: 020 8308 0033

The owner is Neil. Best to call him and let him advise and quote. They are quite happy for you to source the parts (Euro/CP4L, for instance) and just charge for labour.

Very near to Sidcup rail also - 3 min walk! Trains to Dartford every 20-30 mins.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi - Maybe find a MB dealer that could give you more practical advice? Sprockets shouldn't have to be changed?
I read somewhere that the sprockets have a tendency to wear quite badly if figured, if the engine is open, why wouldn't you change them?

I'll see if I can find a link for the "evidence" to that effect later..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts