Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to change the radio in my 2006 SLK 280.

The old aftermarket radio was working when I took it out. But I have no power now to either the old or new radio in the ISO connector. I am looking for the radio fuse.

Here is the OEM fuse box diagram alongside what I see in my fuse box (on the right). The fuse list says it is fuse #26. But there is no fuse in that position (identified with the red arrow).

There is a different type of device in that location. So which is the right fuse for the radio in my car?

You assistance would be greatly appreciated. -John
Sleeve Rectangle Font Pattern Brand

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
42,005 Posts
There are two fuse location diagrams in this thread that may confirm, or offer a different position

Hard to tell from pic but is that not one of the female connectors (that fuse sits in) pulled out?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is the device you see in front of the red arrow. It is situated sort of in the center of where fuse 26 would go, and the same type of devices are also in slot 40 and 41 (top left corner of the photo) and fuse 41 is also listed as a radio fuse. They are both missing?

Reactions: Avel Du

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
42,005 Posts
I see what you mean now. The other two are easier to see (on phone).

I don’t recall seeing anything like that on either of our 171s.
Do they only insert in one female and the other is free?

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I see what you mean now. The other two are easier to see (on phone).

I don’t recall seeing anything like that on either of our 171s.
Do they only insert in one female and the other is free?
Yes, it appears so.

Reactions: Avel Du

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They look a lot alike, but not quite. That is obviously a fuse holder that gives you access to provide power to an Aftermarket device.
Toy Automotive lighting Circuit component Electrical wiring Plastic

Fluid Finger Electrical wiring Nail Gas

These two pictures show one of the fuse holders removed from the fuse block. This is what’s missing in the 40 and 41and 26 fuse positions. How the radio that I removed was getting its power is a mystery without these fuses. That’s gonna take some more investigating. While I was waiting for responses, I did discover the fuse 47 was blown. I just replaced it so it’s back to the drawing board tracing the wiring. Thanks to everyone for your responses.

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Stop the presses! After replacing the blown fuse, On a whim I plugged the ISO connector on the back of the radio and push the power button and it worked! So far I’ve been able to enable Wi-Fi, and radio, and connected my phone by Bluetooth. I’ll report back when I’ve had more progress. Thanks everyone for your assistance, but it looks like it was just a blown fuse.

·
Founding Member 2006
113,396 Posts
Great! let us know so we can mark your thread 'resolved'

·
*Registered
2006 SLK280
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Will do. Working on USB ports, Apps and GPS functions next. Will give a report with photos when I am done. Radio sounds pretty good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts