Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Now that I have my benz up and running I was wondering what would be considered a good body kit for the car. Right now it looks like someone may have scraped against a red car and broke the front bumper.

The only link I could find was an ebay ad, it's very ricer but at the same time it looks more aggressive! The only thing that I hear negative about the car from people who have seen it... is they say it looks more like a girls car.... So i'm trying to get it more aggressive, keeping up with the times.

Any help is appreciated, beauty is subject to the beholder but let me know some of your thoughts!

PS: I cannot do custom fabrication, I can drill but thats it.

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,490 Posts
There are several variants of both front bumper and the grill insert for the 170.

Perhaps a google etc search on images to find one you would be happy.

Then post the pic here and someone can id it for you.

'Girly car' Well, lasses do drive it.
So do men.

Don't make changes to suit others.
You bought it with your money.
If it makes you smile, then who cares what others think.

The usual comment here is 'hairdressers car'.
That changes when they have a run in one of ANY engine size.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I was wondering what would be considered a good body kit for the car. Right now it looks like someone may have scraped against a red car and broke the front bumper.
I am in the process of repainting my '03 230 that has a bad front grill, bumper and the rear isn't much better. I didn't want to pay the price for OEM and searching around I have found only original style kits, however, they all look a little different. All are made by carid.com they are constantly sold on E bay and Amazon and by other distributors.
They have
SLK R170 Duraflex AMG
SLK R170 Duraflex LR-S Body Kit
SLK R170 Duraflex SLK32
If anyone has used one of these kits pleas let me know of the quality and ease of installation, Thanks

Hope this helps in you're search.
Panama Tom

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Hi Alex,
I bought that NTC kit for my car and I am in love with it. I also chose to change the colour of my car at the same time (I chose MB Northern Lights Violet Metallic).
I got my kit from Top Body Kit UK and I was quite happy with the price and service that I recieved from them.
It's a long haul from UK to Australia but they shipped it to me at a reasonable cost and it arrived in a reasonable time frame.

This is the NTC kit on my car. I know it won't be to everyone's tastes but I like it. Sorry I've only taken this one pic of it so far.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered 05 SLK55 & 06 Kleemann 55K S8
878 Posts
I like it! It gives the front end a bit of a BMW 1 series feel to it. It definitely looks more modern, especially with the headlights.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi Alex,
I bought that NTC kit for my car and I am in love with it. I also chose to change the colour of my car at the same time (I chose MB Northern Lights Violet Metallic).
I got my kit from Top Body Kit UK and I was quite happy with the price and service that I recieved from them.
It's a long haul from UK to Australia but they shipped it to me at a reasonable cost and it arrived in a reasonable time frame.

This is the NTC kit on my car. I know it won't be to everyone's tastes but I like it. Sorry I've only taken this one pic of it so far.
View attachment 569721

Cheers
Jay
Jay, did you fit the full NTC kit? I was looking at this myself only a couple weeks ago. But the rear bumper shown on the site has duel exit exhaust pipes. When I looked under mine I can’t see how there’s enough room to get the duel exit pipe set up. If you have the rear bumper too what exhaust system set up are you using? Thanks Rik

ps looks great, very aggressive and modern

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Jay, did you fit the full NTC kit? I was looking at this myself only a couple weeks ago. But the rear bumper shown on the site has duel exit exhaust pipes. When I looked under mine I can’t see how there’s enough room to get the duel exit pipe set up. If you have the rear bumper too what exhaust system set up are you using? Thanks Rik

ps looks great, very aggressive and modern
Yes I did the full NTC/DJ1 kit (the standard NTC kit has different side skirts). I was going to try to run dual exhaust on her, but in the end I just meshed it all, and have a HKS Cannon on the stock exhaust. It looks pretty good and made the little 2.3 kompressor sound a bit more deep and growly. I thought about straight piping it and just doing a rear muffler delete, but in the end I'm glad I got the HKS cannon for her. As a bonus the burnished blue tip looks quite good against the deep purple of the car.
I'll try and take some quality pics of her the next time I bathe her.

Cheers
Jay

·
Registered 1996 SLK230K
55 Posts
Here's a couple I just took in the rain. I'll probably re-do the mesh at a later date so it isn't so easy to see through it.

Cheers
Jay

1 - 8 of 8 Posts