Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK 280-sold
3,552 Posts
We all have our subsidies, in the US ours just happens to be gasoline. :) Interesting dynamic, though, as it usually spikes upward during the summer driving season, and now it's falling. Let's hear it for Election years ! I bought regular gas last night for less than $3/gal.

Not for my SLK, of course.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I think the US line needs to be broken into a couple sub-groups. Some states (California) are almost as tax crazy as our European friends. Last week in Santa Clara, California, the cheapest gas (Regular 87) was just above $4.00/gal. I came back to Austin, TX and down the street I could find it for $3.09/gal.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK350
6,796 Posts
Ours is coming back down (Ontario Canada) from 1.28/liter (roughly an American qt) to 1.15 (reg, add 15cents for premium). I got some the other day at 1.06 (4cent discount for using the stations own card).

A couple of cynical/paranoid observations. Gas always goes up just before the weekend, especially a long weekend. Gas goes up with the price of crude to pay for the new oil going in, but does not go down with crude price because of all the higher priced oil in the supply chain (wtf). Though the price of crude is much lower than a year ago, the retail price is 20% higher. Several gov't investigations have shown no collusion or price fixing (this being the same gov't that applies tax on tax as noted above, so higher prices bring way more tax...which is not used on the transportation system btw..)

Kismet rule #1 - we do not discuss kid problems in the car.
Kismet rule #2 - we do not care what the price of premium gas is.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.