Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at what I think is the pressure regulator attached to the fuel rail I cannot see a fuel return pipe, which I understood was how the regulator bled off the excess pressure. The device has a part number on it A111 078 0392. Is this the pressure regulator and if so how does it work without a return pipe?
The car is 2002 SLK230 auto UK spec.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,413 Posts
Diaphragm fuel line pressure damper A111 078 0392

Attachments

·
97,413 Posts
if you post your vin, i can get you a datacard.

·
97,413 Posts
Here ya go!!

Attachments

·
97,413 Posts
part 80 pressure sensor

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG; 2005 SLK350
5,066 Posts
I don't have any info or really know anything about your engine (I have a 171) but a damper and regulator do different things. In my car at least, the regulator is part of the filter assembly in the tank -- there is no return line from the rail as with many FI systems. I'm guessing you have both a regulator and a damper in your car, but I can't say where they are exactly (sorry).

What led you to your original post?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
During the summer after a long run if I started the car after 1/2 to 1 hour I had to crank for an extended time before it fired. A friend, who was a test engineer with a German car company, thought it might be losing fuel rail pressure from a leaking injector or faulty regulator allowing a gas bubble to form. I don't really need to fix it but wondered how expensive a regulator was and how easy to replace as I assume an injector(s) would cost more.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update which may help others. The problem got worse and had to be solved. My 2002 has a pressure regulator in the fuel filter, changed the filter and problem solved :bannana:. Seems Unipart fuel filters have a known problem, mine had only done 5K miles since it was fitted during a service.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Sorry guys, had to revive an old thread.
Started the car today and smelled gas... Thought to myself hmmmm... maybe just moist and smell from the exhaust pipe got into the cabin by accidentally opening the door...
Drove it to pick up my wife and came back and she smelled gas...
I disconnected the battery and started smelling =))) Sounds stupid but it's gas after all...
Found that my fuel pressure regulator was leaking badly.... Perhaps again rubber seals got bad...
Ordering a new one. Replacement should be piece of a cake and I will post pics later.
I think I'm going to get a fire extinguisher =))) just in case, who knows, right? =)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.