Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any out there driving a slk 55 amg? I am wondering what is the cost of fuel like compare to lets say a bmw 323 which i am driving?

any how pricey is the maintainece fee?

regards

·
DAS/STAR Premium Member 2005 SLK 55 AMG
4,024 Posts
... not as bad as you might think.. (apologies for the blurred pic... and no, it's not photoshopped...)
Cheers

Attachments

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi Lazyll

Well after about 19000 miles im getting ave 21.3mpg @ ave speed of 25.1mph , The book says your max 30mpg .

Cheers

Andy

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Wow! I've never gotten that high. I'm usually 20-23mpg. This is about what I got with my previous SLK320 so I'm happy with that.
There's a difference between US gal. vs. Imperial gal.

The best mpg I got was 25.5mpg (US).

·
Premium Member
255 Posts
The best I've squeezed out is 27.1mpg @75mph on the 405 going to San Diego at 3:30am.

Average seems to be 23.5 mpg....unless I get "the bug"....then it's 9.5mpg!

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Just completed a 1300 mile trip with mine and got 25.6 mpg. This was 95% highway though at 70 mph. Around town I get around 22 unless like others have said, I get the itch to hear that exhaust, then it drops pretty quick. I bought mine a couple weeks ago and it is not nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

No input on maintenance yet as I have not had it in for service, but like most things, you get what you pat for.

Dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Last tank of gas I was at 21.5 mpg (USA) mostly running around town. I run in Sport Mode and tend to have a fairly "heavy foot."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have an 06 SLK55 AMG. I have tracked it the past two summers on fuelly.com (2000 miles). My best result was 23 mpg (US) and the worst was 18 (a lot of city). I also have an 09 135 vert. I tracked that for one summer and never got over 22 mpg (US). Both have advantages and disadvantages.

·
Registered
176 Posts
On my 12 hour drive back from Illionis to South Carolina after picked up the car I got an average of 25.6mpg(US) at 70mph. I did make quite a few stops during the trip and also punched the gas a bit as well.

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK350
1,483 Posts
Mpg

In town = 17-18mpg (US)
Freeways = 21.5mpg (US)

I am heavy footed and average 90mph on freeways.. can't help it :biglaugh: Have my fair share of tickets... Wifey already warned me with the 55 - says its a recipe for more tickets, but so far so good...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.