Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all:

Well we changed the oil in my car today b/c I was getting the single wrench cue on the dash. I have tried and tried via instructions in the owners manual to reset the FSS back to 10,000 -- it's not working and I'm getting very frustrated. Can you guys offer some suggestions or experiences you may have had with resetting the darn thing? It beeps at me like it's reset, but it doesn't flash 10,000 it continues to flash the
-700 that's been on there. I would prefer to save myself a trip to the dealer if I can. Thanks for your input!!

SLK32Girl
Carnation, WA
Silver 02 SLK32 AMG (40,100 miles)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Resetting the FSS on a 2001 SLK320

I found one thing omitted in various threads on this topic, so here's how I successfully reset the FSS for Service A on our 2001 SLK320

1. The hood must be open, or at least unlatched
2. Get in the car and close the doors.
3. Wait for the dome light to go out. (Not sure this is necessary; I haven't tried to skip this step.)
4. Insert key and turn to position 2 -> idiot lights come on, engine not running
5. Push button 1 (trip odometer) twice quickly -> the time/distance remaining for FSS is shown.
6. Push and hold in button 1.
7. Turn ignition key back to off position, still holding button 1 in.
8. Turn key back to position 2 while still holding button 1 in.
9. Continue holding button 1 in; within 10 seconds you'll hear a beep and 10000 will be displayed again.
10. You can now release button 1. FSS has been reset.

I went crazy following steps 2 - 9 with no success, then decided to open the hood (step 1) and repeat the process. Finally, success!!!

Frank

·
Premium Member
1,314 Posts
Coincidence on the hood I think. You finally got the sequencing right and it would have worked with the hood open or closed.

Len

·
Registered
142 Posts
I found one thing omitted in various threads on this topic, so here's how I successfully reset the FSS for Service A on our 2001 SLK320

3. Wait for the dome light to go out. (Not sure this is necessary; I haven't tried to skip this step.)
4. Insert key and turn to position 2 -> idiot lights come on, engine not running
5. Push button 1 (trip odometer) twice quickly -> the time/distance remaining for FSS is shown.
9. Continue holding button 1 in; within 10 seconds you'll hear a beep and 10000 will be displayed again.

I went crazy following steps 2 - 9 with no success, then decided to open the hood (step 1) and repeat the process. Finally, success!!!

Frank
Will this work on an '07 SLK55 AMG? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
FSS reset

Frank
The hood part did it. I did everything by the manual, which does not mention raising the hood. Worked 1st try , Thanks Frank

·
Registered
2 Posts
Coincidence on the hood I think. You finally got the sequencing right and it would have worked with the hood open or closed.

Len
Confirm that hood does not have to be open or unlatched. Thanks for the instructions, incorrect instructions in the manual.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I went crazy following steps 2 - 9 with no success, then decided to open the hood (step 1) and repeat the process. Finally, success!!! Frank

It doesn't make sense to open the hood. I never need to open the hood on my Slk230, Clk430, CL55 Clk500 and Slk55. The user manual never said to open the hood at all on my Slk230 and Clk430 but I did say to do your step 4-10. Sometime, You just need to do it many times to get it to work, kindna like the garage door opener.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.