Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a hard time figuring out what my car is worth due to the fact that I can't find any 09 or 2010 SLK55 (or any SLK55) for sale in California. I'm attaching the craigslist link and a description of my car. I currently have it priced at 28k and received 3 emails within the first 12 hours of listing which makes me think I may be underpricing it?

For sale is my 2009 Mercedes Benz SLK55 AMG
Clean title on hand
39,XXX miles
7 speed automatic transmission
5.5L V8 - 360 HP, 376 lb ft torque
Hard top convertible

This car is in immaculate condition with very minor wear. Absolutely no curb rash on the wheels, and the car is free from any major scratches and dents. All maintenance records are available from new.

Mercedes made 293 of these in 2009, and 201 in 2010. That's less than 500 facelift SLK55 models ever sold worldwide.

In 2009, they improved the 7 speed transmission, offering faster gear changes, paddle shifters, steering wheel, updated electronics, changed the power steering, increased HP to 360hp, re-designed front and rear bumpers, enlarged front air dams, rear diffuser, exhaust tips, LED signals on the side view mirrors,

Options: (If interested, I can e-mail you the entire datacard that lists all the options the car came with.)
Airscarf (blows hot air at the back of your neck)
Wind deflector
Navigation
Harmon Kardon sound system
Bi-xenon headlights
Sirius XM stereo
Multi-media package with ipod hookup. (I installed an adapter for bluetooth audio)
Convenience package (Auto-dimming mirrors, memory package, and garage door opener)
18" AMG chrome wheels. This was over $2,000 from the dealer.

in May 2017, I have performed the following services. This car needs nothing but a new driver.
-Brake Fluid
-Oil Change
-Air filter change
-Replaced 16 spark plugs
-Transmission fluid
-Differential fluid
-New tires and an alignment
-Battery less than a year old

Bads:
2 2mm wide rock chips on the far right side of the windshield. They were professionally filled.
Dime size door ding above driver side rear bumper. (It's extremely hard to find unless you're looking for it)
Some creaking with the hard top roof when the roof is up. This is a common issue with the SLK. The noise is gone when the roof is stowed.

Sorry, no trades. Test drives available for those who can prove availability of funds and insurance.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/cto/6212432335.html

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,647 Posts
In no particular order

1. For sale threads are not editable by the poster. If you need a change made, please contact a moderator.
2, Thread should include price, pictures, contact info like email address. Try to not post a phone number. If you have less than 15 posts, you won't be able to reply by pm as newbies won't be able to pm the seller either since they also probably have less than the required 15 posts to do so.
3. Why are threads uneditable? In case of a dispute, the seller cannot go back and say something was X when it was Y, because the seller changed it in his favor.

·
93,647 Posts
Check kelly blue book

kbb.com

·
93,647 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I paid $30K for my 2009 SLK55 (loaded etc), last year. Private party but through consignment, San Diego.
Thanks. I received 5 e-mails in the last 2 days. Have one guy offering full asking price, only downside is I'd have to travel 300 miles to his credit union to complete the transaction. I think I priced it fairly.

·
93,647 Posts
Kbb or cars.com or edmunds will give you an idea
but mileage is always the killer
my 09 55 has 106600 miles
not counting my extras like supercharger, headers, tune, lsd, cf diffuser, etc
i had a price of like $18k 2 years ago
have not checked since as I am not selling :D

·
93,647 Posts
Make sure you tell em about SLKworld.com :D

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
I wouldn't sell a car to someone who wants me to travel 300 miles to get my money. Sounds wrong.
You get there, he finds a stone chip and then want to drop the price.......or something else.
Tell him to pay first and you'll ship the car, to see if he is prepared to take some risk himself.

·
93,647 Posts
Agree with that
I am sure there are credit union branches closer to you
you'll get other nibbles

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Completely agree. This is the first time I've ever gotten an offer like this. He offered to put down a $500 deposit first before I drove it down..

With the amount of interest, I may just wait and sell it locally

·
93,647 Posts
if he has 500 to put down, he can drive to you
his 500 would probably be a bad check :D
or challenged on paypal :D

·
Premium Member
4,909 Posts
Yeah, that "buyer" sounds like a total scammer. Hey, but it looks like you only just bought this car a few months ago. Wouldn't it be worth about what you paid for it ? :D

·
Registered
997 Posts
Completely agree. This is the first time I've ever gotten an offer like this. He offered to put down a $500 deposit first before I drove it down..

With the amount of interest, I may just wait and sell it locally
I see nothing wrong with that, $500 CASH (if not, wait until it fully clears before any deal), non refundable if he backs out. 300 miles is getting pretty inconvenient, but if I wanted the car, I would do it as a buyer and a seller, I got mine about 230 miles from my house, and drove to see it and made the trade. The thing is, how do you get home again, have to work that out on the deal. I guess it is really up to the buyer how bad they want it.
Ask them to ask their credit union if they have a partner closer to you.
When I was looking for mine, there were 2 within 100 miles of me that I found for sale. So some concessions have to be made, typically by the buyer.

·
93,647 Posts
Thread closed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.