Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One pair of crystal-clear-look bumper sidemarker lamps with silver-coated bulbs that shine amber when illuminated. Gently used for less than two years in like-new condition. $30 plus shipping (let me know your zip code) and I take paypal.

Pic of them on a 2009 SLK (will also fit 2005-2008)

Email [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

·
Registered
331 Posts
please check my shipping fees, 33714. Thanks. Its sold to me lol.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
I did, yes.

Although technically it's still for sale, just not by me. It can currently be found at Carmax in Irvine, CA.
Ah! I got my SLK last year from the Carmax in Kearny Mesa. I liked dealing with that place. Yours is this one I think? Looks like they kept the hood fins, but wanted the side-markers restored to factory, eh? Weird, I think it looked better with the clears.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ah! I got my SLK last year from the Carmax in Kearny Mesa. I liked dealing with that place. Yours is this one I think? Looks like they kept the hood fins, but wanted the side-markers restored to factory, eh? Weird, I think it looked better with the clears.
Link doesn't work anymore but that probably was it; it's the only white SLK300 on there right now. I swapped out the lamps (easy) before I brought it in since I wanted it as legal/stock/unmodified as possible for Carmax. The hood fins I didn't attempt to remove because they're snap-in with tiny 2-sided tape at the tips and it's not worth risking cracking a grille to remove them.

·
Premium member 2009 SLK55 AMG
4,935 Posts
Link doesn't work anymore but that probably was it; it's the only white SLK300 on there right now. I swapped out the lamps (easy) before I brought it in since I wanted it as legal/stock/unmodified as possible for Carmax. The hood fins I didn't attempt to remove because they're snap-in with tiny 2-sided tape at the tips and it's not worth risking cracking a grille to remove them.
Bleh, link works for me, must be some kind of cookie thing. Yeah, and the car looks better with the fins anyhow. I can't imagine anyone walking into the Carmax lot and thinking: Wow, I'd love to get that car if only it didn't have those weird hood fins! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
522 Posts

Would you please let me know where you got those hood fins? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bleh, link works for me, must be some kind of cookie thing. Yeah, and the car looks better with the fins anyhow. I can't imagine anyone walking into the Carmax lot and thinking: Wow, I'd love to get that car if only it didn't have those weird hood fins! :biglaugh:
Yes the link is working again; just some temporary weirdness.

I agree the fins aren't a detraction. SLKs w/o them look a little bit naked IMHO like something's missing. Plus, since the SLK55 had similar fins from the factory, they're sort of a "OEM Plus" type of mod.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would you please let me know where you got those hood fins? Thanks in advance.
http://www.formymercedes.com I believe it was.

When you install them, it was a little confusing but they snap on in very specific rows/columns of the honeycombs on the grilles. At first I was like "WTF? These don't fit!" but then I realized how they worked. I recommend doing it w/the hood open where you can simultaneously reinforce the grille from the underside with your hand while you snap them in (they snap in pretty tight).

·
Registered
331 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.