Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For sale - OEM AMG 171 5 spoke alloy wheels, tires and TPM sensors, previously used on an USA 2009 SLK 350.

Four 17” AMG 171 wheels mounted with Continental ExtremeContact DWS (Ultra High Performance All-Season) tires and Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors.
Fronts: 225/45 ZR 17.
Rears: 245/40 ZR 17.

The wheels have less than 20,000 miles on them and are in very good condition. No curb rash at all.
One front wheel has three light scratches on it.
The tires were purchased last December and have only 1,500 miles on them.

$950 or best offer for the complete set .
This must be a local cash sale as I will not ship them, I live in Arlington Virginia.

Attachments

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Folks will think you're getting a kickback. :biglaugh:
Thanks.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:biglaugh:FACT: -1- Do you have any actual experience with said wheels? Yes, wifey has the 18" version on her SLK 350. FACT: Who chose those wheels? I did, because I really like them. FACT: Are they really easy to clean? Sir, yes sir. I submit exhibit A.

Attachments

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
:biglaugh:FACT: -1- Do you have any actual experience with said wheels? Yes, wifey has the 18" version on her SLK 350. FACT: Who chose those wheels? I did, because I really like them. FACT: Are they really easy to clean? Sir, yes sir. I submit exhibit A.

FACT - I've seen said wheels on said car, and they do look stunning. Of course, -1-'s garage floor is cleaner than most kitchen's, as are his various 4 wheel toys! :)

FACT - those wheels run around $2500 new without tires or TPMS, so someone is going to get a good deal!

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Anyone interested?

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Do you know whether these will fit a R171 SLK55? Thank you.

17's won't clear the brake calipers on a MY05-07 '55. I don't know if they would clear the smaller 4-pot calipers on the MY08+ non-030 package cars. Since MB never sold the '55 with 17's, you'd probably be breaking new ground!

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
can this fit a slk that does not come with a tire pressure monitoring system? also, is "ultra high performance all-season" tires sufficient for virginia snow or is it better to get snow tires?
Yes, they will fit a SLK without TPMS, the car just ignores the sensors. The sensors have no impact on wheel size or fitment. In fact I first used the wheels on my 06 SLK 280 which did not have TPMS on it.
I find "ultra high performance all-season" tires sufficient for Virginia snow as long as it is not too deep. But I have a lot of experience driving in the snow. True snow tires would be better as long as you don't use them during warmer weather as they will wear out much faster.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Response to your PM

This forum will not permit me to REPLY by using the PM until I have 15 posts (I am a newbie on here with 2 posts) Please call me on the tel. # in the above thread post.
OR
Email me: [email protected] so I can reply to your PM.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,342 Posts
If you wish to PM (Private Message) someone, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
This forum will not permit me to REPLY by using the PM until I have 15 posts (I am a newbie on here with 2 posts) Please call me on the tel. # in the above thread post.
OR
Email me: [email protected] so I can reply to your PM.
Email sent.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wheels ++

Email received, seems like we have a deal, let me know by email please. We can work out the details covered in our emails.

·
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Email received, seems like we have a deal, let me know by email please. We can work out the details covered in our emails.
SOLD!

Thanks Tim.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.