Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling the stock CD Changer (brackets included). 6 disc (standard). Nothing special about it, just the regular Mercedes CD Changer.

Took it out because I put in a bluetooth/iPod unit that takes the CDC fiber optic input.

200 bucks. Free shipping in the US. International via whatever method you want. Let me know!

-Sid

(PS: if you want pictures, or something specific, just let me know!)

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey John -

It's a trivial install (4 out of 10), and will work with an A20. If you get it from viper, make sure you find out if he's including the MOST fiber or not. If not, you'll need to pick up a loop from your dealer (< $50 usd?).

If your A20 has no optical accessories already on it, your dealer will have to use DAS to tell it to turn on the MOST bus.

If you want to shoot me a PM with your VIN, I can pull the datacard and confirm if you will need the fiber, and if you have any accessories already coded on the car. 99% of the time in a MY05, there's no fiber and you'll need coding.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm assuming the MOST fiber is the orange fiberoptic cables. I had to use those for my iPod install so its not included.

I pulled it from my 2005 SLK250 with an Audio20, so I know it'll work with that.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I'm assuming the MOST fiber is the orange fiberoptic cables. I had to use those for my iPod install so its not included.

I pulled it from my 2005 SLK250 with an Audio20, so I know it'll work with that.
That's them - and I figured you probably had to re-use 'em - I did as well when I pulled my changer to add the GW500.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Selling the stock CD Changer (brackets included). 6 disc (standard). Nothing special about it, just the regular Mercedes CD Changer.

Took it out because I put in a bluetooth/iPod unit that takes the CDC fiber optic input.

200 bucks. Free shipping in the US. International via whatever method you want. Let me know!

-Sid

(PS: if you want pictures, or something specific, just let me know!)
do you know if this is a direct swap out for the r170 fiber bus?

·
Registered
1 Posts
viper1619,

Could you tell me a bit more about the product you replaced the CD changer with. I was considering doing something similar and it would be great to hear anything about the product and experience you had doing this.

Thanks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.