Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While trying to upgrade to Digital Climate Control in my ’06 SLK280, I acquired two units – A1718300185 and A1718300685. The 0185 unit was bought used off eBay for about $225 and the 0685 unit was bought new from MB for $435. The 0185 unit is in very good condition with some light rub marks (finger-nail or maybe a ring) around the Fan Speed Control – hardly noticeable when installed. The 0685 unit is in like new condition. As far as I know they both work – just not in my car. I get the same results from both whether fully or partially installed - I cannot get the flapper control to work.

Pls note that the left bolt hole which protrudes from the bottom of the '...0185' unit is partially broken. It is not visible when installed and not crucial to the install. The unit is held in place by pressure tabs and then the ashtray/lighter has screws that go through it which in turn go through the climate control, through its left and right support holes directly to the dash.

Offers for each or both should be reasonable; maybe $125 and $350 respectively. I really prefer to sell this within the Continental US but will ship to the UK. Shipping to the US should be about $15 each - UK shipping will be priced accordingly. Items will be well packed and insured. Payment can be via PayPal (within 24 hours of our agreement to 'buy/sell'), a money order or a cleared personal check.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks very much!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello - the buttons and controls are silver. I can post pictures of the actual control if you like? FYI - shipping would be via UPS and priced at my cost.

·
Registered 2004 SLK350
127 Posts
It's ok. Can you ship to italy?
I can pay via pay-pal.
My email is turbino(at)tin.it

sorry for using the forum, but I'm new here and still don't have enough post to send PM.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have sent you an PM which includes my email address. Pls email me back your complete mailing address, I will see what it costs to ship it to you via UPS. The shipping will be added to the $125. USD price for the unit. Thanks and let me know if you do not get the PM or if you have any questions. Thanks very much.

·
Registered
10 Posts
hi will either of these fit a 2005 200K SLK?? Interested in the used climate if not sold, also if possible a price to post to uk? Thanks again

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello - At present, neither is sold. I do not know if the used unit will fit your 2005 and I don't want to guess. You might want to check with a dealer or with a parts house to see if its compatible. If it will fit and you want to buy it - let's say $150 USD in total and if shipping is less than $25 USD I will refund the difference? Please let me know.

Thanks
Tom

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At this point, I have no offers and prefer to sell them to the US or the UK so please offer away! It's first come first served - like eBay; best offer or But-It-Now gets the goods.... LOL... Thanks!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Climate controls

Hi....are they still for sale?? If so will they fit a 2004/5 350SLK??

Please PM me with a price to Scotland in the UK

Thanks

Miles

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes - both units are still available. I strongly recommend that you check either on the web or at your dealer to confirm part applicability. I did check for one person in Rome, Italy and the UPS shipping cost was $126. I expect it to be much less for Scotland but won't be able to check until Wed. If you are interested and the parts will 'work or fit' please let me know the location in Scotland and I will get a UPS price. Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hello - just a quick update; the A...0185 unit has been sold, and, the A...0685 unit is still available. Please let me know if you're interested or have any questions. Thanks, Tom

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.