Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I hope you are all well. I have taken off the front wing driverside UK spec. I have noticed a wobbly front part to the wing and some bubble rust. The whole front under the wing where it bolts to the bumper has disappeared to dust and the bracket that is welded to the car frame has rusted too. Is there a way to buy the welded part or do I have to make a new part. I have taken a picture I will see if I can post it to show what I mean.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,316 Posts

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It appears to be the part that welds directly to the part I have circled which the wing/fender then bolts too along with the bumper. I cant seem to find that exact bit though.

·
96,316 Posts
so if part is listed separately, you can buy it
if attached or part of another part, you cannot....

·
96,316 Posts
need more than 3 digits :D

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually just double checked and it says 003 then the merc logo the a big space and the Y P is stamped aswell.

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
13,139 Posts
Just guessing but as it's been welded to something else, it's not replaceable by itself??

·
Premium Member 2014 SLK200
2,154 Posts
Posts #7 & #8 here:

EDIT - I think that those numbers refer to an additional, separate bracket. Sorry:(

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thankyou, I have been cheeky and asked if he made his or bought them. See if I get a reply. He done alot of work to that SLK it looked great once he finished.

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@M4rCu5 you posted a reply in 2014 to someone who was making their own, ive just read it and you said the last time you looked they were £38 each, do you remember that? Would be able to find the part number for them?

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
1,787 Posts
Thankyou, I have been cheeky and asked if he made his or bought them. See if I get a reply. He done alot of work to that SLK it looked great once he finished.

We'll twist his arm eventually (y)
Jan's a clever guy and out of curiosity, I messaged him on FB last week asking for a ballpark figure of how much to just do the wings and brackets (if necessary) .. no answer yet so it must have gone into his junk folder ?

@M4rCu5 you posted a reply in 2014 to someone who was making their own, ive just read it and you said the last time you looked they were £38 each, do you remember that? Would be able to find the part number for them?
Yes they were something like that but that was for the other ones as referred to in - THIS THREAD -

·
Registered 2000 SLK320
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am thinking of doing that, I have just contacted an old haulage firm I worked as an apprentice at when I was 16, I'm 41 now lol, we used to make horseboxes and recovery vehicles so I've asked as they are local to me if they have any old scrap sheet metal I can take to try and fabricate my own, will have to buy a cheap welder though as I've not got one, hopefully will be able to fabricate something of use. I contacted Daimler about the lack of the part I need in the mercedes WIS pictures and am waiting for a reply. Hopefully I will have it done soon, I'm going to start rubbing down and prepping the wing for a new piece of steel on the bottom lip that is missing, at least i know why the sides were abit wobbly now lol.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts