Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
It's time for me to replace my front struts. Though they feel alright, but when I go over a speed bump, the dip is significant.

I have been searching around in this forum for any feedback about the brand. In particular, I could not find "much" user feedback with Bilstein B4. They seem so be reasonable in price. It has been claimed that the B4 has OEM feel.

Any feedback from people who have used Bilstein B4, Bilstein B6, and Sach relative to stock would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,000 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
If you can stand to watch & wait, occasionally a set of '55 struts shows up on Ebay.

I actually picked up a B12 kit (1" drop) from a member here on the forum a few years back. If I remember he sold the car before he had the chance to install. After swapping out, I sold the entire '55 shock/strut/spring setup that I took off (with maybe 45k mi on them) on ebay.

"Our" '55 is especially sensitive to the ride with the 19" low profile tires on it. Wifey said she thought the ride was actually better with the B12 than with the AMG OE shocks and struts.

Otherwise, if your just looking to replace, you can get a Bilstein B4 strut for your 350 for about $160 ea if you shop on line. You'd probably get a similar deal at somewhere like AutoZone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts