Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The driver side seat heater in my 2002 SLK32 AMG is not working. Can someone tell me which plug is the source of power so I can detach it and check to see if there is voltage. That way I determine if the heating element is shot. The car has always been garaged and the seat heater was rarely used but I suspect flexing can break the heat element.

Also, I had attempted to remove the seat so I could more easily get at the plugs but could not loosen the bolts that hold the seat to the floor. The bolt heads are peculiar so I was afraid a normal socket wrench would ruin them because they are quite tight. What kind of tool fits these bolts? The bolt head looks like a coarse Torx bit. They are also used for block coolant drain plugs and probably elsewhere that I have not noticed.

·
Registered 2002 SLK32 AMG
233 Posts
I cannot recall which plug goes to the seat heater at the moment, but it shouldn't be too hard to trace once the seat is removed.

However, I can help with this- the seat bolts are E-Torx (stands for External Torx, aka Female Torx). If you'd like to do yourself a future favor, get a set of both standard Torx and E-Torx sockets, as you'll find both all over the car (especially the engine compartment). There's inexpensive sets all over Ebay, but I use Snap-On myself. They're a lot more expensive, but I've never broken one either, and the inexpensive Torx bits do like to twist and sometimes break.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.