Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Like some people on this forum the AC on my 2005 SLK 350 is not working. It is the front SAM, so I would like to know if anyone within the San Diego area has the STAR device to reprogram a new front SAM that I will order. The local dealership wants $1,085 for the part, labor and programming. The SAM is about $672 and I'm assuming they will charge about 2 hours labor and a reprogramming fee of $180. I can get the SAM for $435 online and I don't think it will be too hard to install it. I'm assuming the STAR device will have to save the settings on my existing SAM and then upload it to the new one.

Any suggestions or is there something that I missed?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Hello,

Like some people on this forum the AC on my 2005 SLK 350 is not working. It is the front SAM, so I would like to know if anyone within the San Diego area has the STAR device to reprogram a new front SAM that I will order. The local dealership wants $1,085 for the part, labor and programming. The SAM is about $672 and I'm assuming they will charge about 2 hours labor and a reprogramming fee of $180. I can get the SAM for $435 online and I don't think it will be too hard to install it. I'm assuming the STAR device will have to save the settings on my existing SAM and then upload it to the new one.

Any suggestions or is there something that I missed?

Thanks
These can be found used for about $100-$150. There have been several superseding updates by MB so if you look for a used one there are a number of part numbers you should search for.

Check in the DAS/Coding section here on the forum for the Official List of Star owners. The list of owners is at the bottom of the first posting in the Official List thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.