Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My front parktronic display seems to have a coating on the outside and also appears to be heavily condensated on the inside, making it hard to see. Also seems a bit tempramental as it does not always come on. Anybody have/had these problems and is it easy to pop out of tbe dash. Car is almost out of its extended warranty

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,038 Posts
Morning

It pops out fairly easily - the centre airvent needs to come out (the bit it's physically attached to, and then you can unhook the wiring and unclip the PTS display from the airvent. The MB plastic pry tool helps, but you can use a screwdriver covered in electrical tape (so as not to damage the dash)

The smoked cover can be removed (again, it's only clipped on) if you need to clean the inside

Ignore the ECU int eh attached pic ...!!

Attachments

·
*Premium Member
2005 SLK200K
1,139 Posts
My front parktronic display seems to have a coating on the outside and also appears to be heavily condensated on the inside, making it hard to see. Also seems a bit tempramental as it does not always come on. Anybody have/had these problems and is it easy to pop out of tbe dash. Car is almost out of its extended warranty
Might be an idea to really checkout your car from A-Z .. before the Extended Warranty does run out... :wink::wink::wink:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou Sean, everything i needed to know. WOULD CRUSH ME IF I MARKED THE DASH. Yeah in the 2 yrs ownership have done only about 3 k so not done enough for it to go wrong. Might be worth a trip to the local indie just to see if there is anything wrong. Only has 15k on the clock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.