Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, I am back again! I hope I am posting in the right place this time.
I have already received from this wonderful site plenty of advice to do with this subject but sadly although I kept the files which were sent by mail to me, my computer will no longer open them.

Anyhow the story is 64 yr old lady owner with no man:crying:not a lot of money either, one of her treasured possessions is her 2001 slk200, which now like her is getting old and has a leaking roof, I have been regularly filling up the pump but things have been getting worse and the headlining was sagging! So anyway, I have managed to remove it and have located the dodgy part (dont know the name) so the good news is that our local mercedes dealer have it in stock and its at 30% off and is going to cost me 230 euros!

I can see where the two pipes go and these are easy to follow up to a point, my question is will the new piece come with the pipes attached? Will I have to get them all the way to the boot and to the pump or is there another method without having to take the whole car apart? Are these pipes easy to mount at the pump, is there some protocol that should be followed and would the system need bleeding afterwards? I will try to add a photo of the front of the roof, I am not sure how to actually get into free the part from under the metal attachment, it seems to have some sort of circlip? Also is is easy to disconnect it at this end? Sorry I am not being very clear but any advice would be so gladly appreciated!!!!!
Freda

Attachments

·
Registered
329 Posts
check this out, if you plan to fix the cylinder seal without removing the lines all the way to the pump.

https://cabriolethydraulics.com/our-products/hydraulic-hose-repair-couplers/

some notes:
- you can only remove the pump end of the lines, cylinder end is fixed.
- if you are to remove the lines make sure you mark the attachment points on them beforehand
- cylinder will self bleed after several opening closing cycles
- better to use oem style u-ring instead of cheap o-rings for one time only fix
- hardest part for front cylinder seal replacement is the connecting part that is at the tip of the rod is fixed. so it will need some drilling and re-fixing the clip holding it. if you search the net you'll find some solutions that people used

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Has anyone used these hydraulic hose couplers? seems a whole easier to couple the hose than rip out your entire back wall of the car to get to the pump. then reroute the hoses back up to the cylinder. My front roof cylinder lock is now started to leak. trying t figure out what path im going to take.

HW

check this out, if you plan to fix the cylinder seal without removing the lines all the way to the pump.

https://cabriolethydraulics.com/our-products/hydraulic-hose-repair-couplers/

some notes:
- you can only remove the pump end of the lines, cylinder end is fixed.
- if you are to remove the lines make sure you mark the attachment points on them beforehand
- cylinder will self bleed after several opening closing cycles
- better to use oem style u-ring instead of cheap o-rings for one time only fix
- hardest part for front cylinder seal replacement is the connecting part that is at the tip of the rod is fixed. so it will need some drilling and re-fixing the clip holding it. if you search the net you'll find some solutions that people used

1 - 8 of 8 Posts