Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lots of discussion on R171 on the topic, none in R170?

My car has never had a front license plate on it, but since I'm running laser jammers I dont want to give the cops any reason to pull me over. I saw a bracket on ebay for over $70 (WHAAAT???)

What have others done to affix a front plate the the R170? I was thinking about getting somerhing like this if it fits:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-FRONT-BUMPER-GUNMETAL-LICENSE-PLATE-RELOCATOR-RELOCATION-BRACKET-/190674594796?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3ASLK230&hash=item2c65176bec&vxp=mtr#ht_4829wt_1320

I'll have to measure.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its $42 from the dealer. thinking of ordering it. Can't find a pic for the life of my of a R170 with a plate, anyone have one in their sig or something?

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
the gominigo bracket is the $70 one...yes it is a bit pricey but is very well made of quality stainless components..fits in the tow hook socket...I got one and think it looks great, w/ no bumper holes....

·
Registered
393 Posts
. . . I got one and think it looks great, w/ no bumper holes....
One other reason I leave mine on . . . (If I SCUBA'd more, I'd put a "Diver Down" plate on . . . If I was a Miami (FL) grad, I could put a hurricane flag on it . . . etc., etc. Something that would look good against red of course . . . so I'll just have to keep looking!)

:rb

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
I have Univ. of TX vanity plates on mine...HOOKEM!!!...looks nice on my black car...I wasn't using the front plate till I got the gomini bracket though; its a nice/substantial piece of work...worth the $$ IMHO...

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the gominigo bracket is the $70 one...yes it is a bit pricey but is very well made of quality stainless components..fits in the tow hook socket...I got one and think it looks great, w/ no bumper holes....
Where can I find this bracket??

·
Registered
55 Posts
personally I don't care for the offset tag. My car didn't have the bracket nor holes in the bumper so I didn't drill any. I folded a couple metal angles and mounted them through the bolts for the underbody air skirt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.