Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Just bought Gyeon Trim and gonna protect all plastic surfaces before winter comes.
Anyone ever used this stuff for front grill? How did you do all the holes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was quite poor problem description from my side...
Problem is the area that don't have thru holes but it still has crosshatch pattern in the grill. Almost half of the grill has that design. I am afraid that it's very hard to cover those sharp corners and the end result will be uneven color.

·
Banned
974 Posts
Was quite poor problem description from my side...
Problem is the area that don't have thru holes but it still has crosshatch pattern in the grill. Almost half of the grill has that design. I am afraid that it's very hard to cover those sharp corners and the end result will be uneven color.

For the blanked cross-hatch sections I use a small diameter handle paintbrush dipped in liquid trim cleaner & then dry with a cloth.
For the open cross-hatch plastic grille I dip a thin cloth in the aforementioned liquid & wrap it around the handle of the same brush & gently clean each grill.
Using a second thin cloth for drying.
Takes longer to explain here than to do but blank plastic that has gone dingy grey & dirt left in the corners of the grille can undermine all the waxing & polishing of the rest of the car. The above operation lasts for months unless the weather especially bad.
As ever the devil is in the detail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts