Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed that my passenger-side foglights lens has smashed. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the glass to replace as light so works and the rest of the housing looks fine.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Nope. you have to buy the whole lens. lens meaning everything in this case

edit: only for AMG 55. lens available for non amg

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
I just noticed that my passenger-side foglights lens has smashed. Does anyone know if it's possible to buy just the glass to replace as light so works and the rest of the housing looks fine.
Depends on your R171 body style panel. If it is the AMG style, then yes. the whole glass part that houses the H7 lamp can be replaced. (see signature photo below)

Do a search on changing the fog lamps on the R171.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
it might be. only the vin will confirm in epc what the part number is
usually a hella fog light

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Depends on your R171 body style panel. If it is the AMG style, then yes. the whole glass part that houses the H7 lamp can be replaced.

Do a search on changing the fog lamps on the R171.
Please clarify that Dr Eddy. When my fl lens cracked, I had to get the whole fog light assembly. H7 bulb of course moved from 1 to the other. Lens not sold separately

·
* Founding Member #2
2008 SLK55 AMG
19,485 Posts
Please clarify that Dr Eddy. When my fl lens cracked, I had to get the whole fog light assembly. H7 bulb of course moved from 1 to the other. Lens not sold separately
For R171 with AMG style fog lamp, it is the whole glass & metal housing that has to be replaced, not just the lens as the housing for the H7 lamp is one unit.

Also worthwhile to apply Lamin-X film on the glass of fog lamp housing assembly
for protection against small pebbles.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Hi , sorry to disagree but I replaced both my fog light lenses. The glass is available from the MB dealer and I think they were about 16 gbp each with tax. Can't find the receipt for the part number yet though. Hope that helps.
You are correct. for anything other than an AMG 55, the lens is separate.

·
Founding Member 2006
108,894 Posts
Here you go Chicken. part 310 is the lens. this is from your vin

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Final update - newfoglights lens came to £16 as per geoffo's comment. I probably could have fitted myself but since the chickenwagen was going in for a service anyway, I had the garage fit it at the same time.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.