Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered 2005 SLK350
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, Just purchased my 350, replaced ALL fluids and checked her all over. Found that the rubber boots on both front Control Arm Ball Joints were perished. The Road Worthy that I had was a little better than the norm here but they still missed that. I replaced the arms and found them to be mechanically PERFECT ! Both Ball Joints still very smooth and stiff to move - as new. On investigation I found a dealer charge for this job only 20000 Klm ago. Now either we have another crooked dealer or there is something very wrong with the rubber used by MB on their Control Arm Ball Joints. I also experienced very early replacement of these arms on my "C" Class MB after 70000 Klm yet had no other Ball joint boot problems on the C Class or this SLK. Anybody else experienced this problem? It is annoying that one has to spend so much money - the design stops one from replacing the boot as it is made an integral part of the arm itself. I have both the old arms now, waiting for the right MB Executive rear to present him/herself !!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts