Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Someone kindly stole the chrome star from the front of my car, what a lovely place Kettering is :)

I am struggling to find a suitable chrome star for my R172 being sold in the IK. I ideally wanted an LED one but now not fussed, just want a chrome star back as my car looks injured now.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or sell me one that would be fantastic, I've spent hours googling.

Thanks,
Youssef

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,611 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
You need the Distronic flat one or the non-Distronic that you can grab and twist? I've got the latter laying around somewhere.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need the Distronic flat one or the non-Distronic that you can grab and twist? I've got the latter laying around somewhere.
I'm not sure what distronic means but the front logo twists to take it out. If you have one laying around somewhere would you be willing to sell it to me?
Thanks

·
93,611 Posts
see post 2

go to link

put in your vin

go to front bumper section

get part number

if you want us to do it, post your vin

·
Premium Member
1,384 Posts
I'm not sure what distronic means but the front logo twists to take it out. If you have one laying around somewhere would you be willing to sell it to me?
Thanks
There are two types of MB logo's. One that is flat on the outside and the has holes around the pointers of the MB star which you grip onto to twist it. Distronic is the system that has a radar behind the logo to 'see' how far the nearest car is, so it can adjust the cruise accordingly.

I wouldn't be offering it if I didn't want to part with it. Sent me a PM to work out the details if interested.

·
93,611 Posts
Good Morning,

I can't PM yet apparently, my email is [email protected]. Could you please send me a photo and let me know how much you would like.

Thanks.

From my welcome post

If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts