Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Founding Member 2006
113,504 Posts

·
**Premium Member 2018 SLC43
4,586 Posts
I'm not a fan of this particular front camera design, but would work:
Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille Hood Light

But I'd like to install a front camera on My Face Lift R172, maybe under the UK number plate to protect against hitting a slightly high curb.... £££££
Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Grille

·
*Registered
2008 SLK280
28 Posts
Hi all!

I have a 2013 slk250. Going to install aftermarket carplay and a backup camera (not DIY, having it done). I can install a front camera too but it is very expensive because of the wiring. Any thoughts from those who added it as to whether or not it is worth it? Thank you!
I installed a Pioneer digital stereo with Apple Play and Android Auto in my R171 about 6 months ago. Also installed a backup camera and front dash cam at the same time. On the dash cam I ran the wire along the roof liner and down the weather strip on the passenger side, then hard wired the power to the dash cam into the fuse box thereby not having to plug and unplug the dash cam from the cigarette lighter. Works perfectly and will def come in handy God forbit I get hit later. Hope this helps?

·
*Registered
2019 SLC300
3,048 Posts
Curb Alert is a great aftermarket mod. I have 2019 with the AMG package. It has a splitter at the bottom of the front bumper, great for hitting curbs. It is very popular with Vette owners. Where worth the price to have one. I set mine for anything over 3 inches high and 24 inches in front of the bumper. Get beeps when it detects something low I could hit and damage the bumper.

Curb Alert Parking Sensors & Side Curb Sensors | Brand Motion

21 - 25 of 25 Posts