Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well aren't we pleased we didn't drive down in the SLK and choose the VW Golf estate instead, first decision factor was the size of Chris's suitcase and the extra bags with 24 pair of shoes & 6 handbags.
Secondly the weather so far encounter has been floods in Dijon, tremendous hail storms in Milan, hail, rain and floods at Lake Garda and now thunderstorms and high winds in Portofino.
Messages from home tell us the weather is almost as bad back in Chester so we'll carry on our journey back into France heading for Nice along the coast road from Portofino at the weekend and hopefully find some sunshine there.

It never rains but it pours....R)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Sounds like an awesome trip just a shame about the weather.

I think you have worse luck than me when it comes to trips and wet weather. It rained in Nevada in September a few years back when I visited there and,on the day I took a helicopter trip to the Hoover dam.

You would think planning for June should at least give some sunshine.

Hope hoping you will get nice weather for Nice :smile:

·
Registered 2016 SLC43
303 Posts
Well aren't we pleased we didn't drive down in the SLK and choose the VW Golf estate instead, first decision factor was the size of Chris's suitcase and the extra bags with 24 pair of shoes & 6 handbags.
Secondly the weather so far encounter has been floods in Dijon, tremendous hail storms in Milan, hail, rain and floods at Lake Garda and now thunderstorms and high winds in Portofino.
Messages from home tell us the weather is almost as bad back in Chester so we'll carry on our journey back into France heading for Nice along the coast road from Portofino at the weekend and hopefully find some sunshine there.

It never rains but it pours....R)
It's bound to be good weather in France now. I drove back from the Dordogne yesterday after a month of thunderstorms , red hot sun , so cold I had my log burner on and everything in between , unpredictable to say the least . I was supposed to stay longer but the weather got the better of me so I left early , that should guarantee good weather ! And it is just as bad in Chester , I live 20 mins along the road , small world !

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,155 Posts
It's bound to be good weather in France now. I drove back from the Dordogne yesterday after a month of thunderstorms , red hot sun , so cold I had my log burner on and everything in between , unpredictable to say the least . I was supposed to stay longer but the weather got the better of me so I left early , that should guarantee good weather ! And it is just as bad in Chester , I live 20 mins along the road , small world !
You've brought the bad weather back with you, Paul.

It killed Cheshire oaks the other day!

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Rob hope you and Chris have a great time and the weather improves.
That's why we've got two slks even I can't over fill.

I can quite honestly say without fear of contradiction if we had two box Luton vans Chris would fill them with shoes and handbags, (accessories I believe is the correct terminology)
We visited Camogli today and we bought two beautiful water colours painted by a local artist in their frames which measure 34" x 24".
Chris also managed to buy another pair of shoes as we have another 3 weeks to go we might need a box Luton to get us back home. R)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts