Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered 2013 SLK250
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a great free service I have been using for years:
Put in your Vin # and it will give you all the service records of your car from new, also new ownerships, and any accidents. Anything the dealer does to your car is recorded here.
Really great since I bought my 2013 SLK250 used and it shows where car was purchased and all service records. Also any Open Recalls Reported on your car. Also if you like to do your own service you can record it also. It also tells your recommended factory service on your car and reminds you when you need oil change, tire rotation and other features. All for free.

Log on to myCARFAX.com and sign up. It's great.

I also keep my wife's Hyundai service records there since it has a 10 year warranty.

·
Registered 2012 SLK55 AMG
68 Posts
Is it free or paid ? I keep getting
"you do not have any reports remaining. Click to purchase"

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
115 Posts
This is a great free service I have been using for years:
Put in your Vin # and it will give you all the service records of your car from new, also new ownerships, and any accidents. Anything the dealer does to your car is recorded here.
Really great since I bought my 2013 SLK250 used and it shows where car was purchased and all service records. Also any Open Recalls Reported on your car. Also if you like to do your own service you can record it also. It also tells your recommended factory service on your car and reminds you when you need oil change, tire rotation and other features. All for free.

Log on to myCARFAX.com and sign up. It's great.

I also keep my wife's Hyundai service records there since it has a 10 year warranty.
While it is free and provides useful information, it doesn't come close to including all the service records. I am the fifth owner of my SLK280. The person I bought it from included some service records, most of which are not reflected at this site. In my case there are no service records related to service at a Mercedes dealer, although I am certain there was some work done at the original selling dealership because of paperwork that came with the car. I like to do my own minor repairs and servicing and I have see evidence of other service and repairs not reflected on the MyCarFax site (and some repairs I hope were not done at Mercedes dealership servicing because they were screwed up).

Ed

·
Registered 2013 SLK250
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess some dealers don't report then. My report of my SLK250 shows the original purchase, tire changes balances, services,that were done before I owned the car, and what was done during services. Which I am happy to know. It also shows warranty work that I had performed from my MB dealer. It even shows inspections on my wife's Hyundai at Pep Boys.
Sorry it wasn't helpful for you but maybe it will be to others.

·
Premium Member 2006 SLK55 AMG
3,048 Posts
I registered and it didn't show any records for my car either. Maybe some dealers have update their info while others don't?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.