1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,517 Posts
You may be disappointed buddy. First, although it's free, if you get "caught" without one, they just give you another .

Then it's only good on real remote parks like Algonquin (I guess translated that it is--you'll never go there).

Still have to pay to get in any of the big/popular/well-travelled ones so that "pass" is basically worthless (which is exactly what
you paid for it :grin: ).

·
Registered
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be disappointed buddy. First, although it's free, if you get "caught" without one, they just give you another .

Then it's only good on real remote parks like Algonquin (I guess translated that it is--you'll never go there).

Still have to pay to get in any of the big/popular/well-travelled ones so that "pass" is basically worthless (which is exactly what
you paid for it :grin: ).
Such a downer:frown:...not what it says in the brochure they send. Are the Government lying :surprise: Yes I understand that you may have to pay at some places but...

The following Terms of Use apply to the 2017 Parks Canada Discovery Pass. Please read them carefully.
1. Validity:
The 2017 Parks Canada Discovery Pass provides the passholder with unlimited entry to all participating National Parks, National Marine Conservation Areas and National Historic Sites administered by Parks Canada. (Note: Discovery Passes provide the holder with all of the opportunities and services that normally come with a daily entry pass or permit. Activities such as camping, tours, or parking that normally carry a separate fee may not be covered by the Discovery Pass. Camping fees are not included with the Discovery Pass).
A 2017 Discovery Pass is valid for everyone arriving in the same vehicle at a national park, or arriving together at a marine conservation area or historic site.

In any event I'll check a few of the sites out..:smile:

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,517 Posts
Activities such as camping, tours, or parking that normally carry a separate fee may not be covered by the Discovery Pass. Camping fees are not included with the Discovery Pass).
I guess that that part of your quote is probably more imporant (to me anyways) than "driving through and have a look at the trees" part that is free.

·
Registered
17 Posts
My understanding is that all national parks are free for 2017. We live near a canal system and it, being under Parks Canada, will also be free. Employees expect parks and canals to be extremely busy. BTW - Algonquin is a provincial park.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts