Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not necessarily an MB related thing, but I know there are members that have older cars other than MB. Several years ago I purchased an actron auto scanner plus, and have only plugged it in once. It cost a couple hundred. I did plug it into the SL 550 today, and by selecting the OBD II option it would communicate with the car but not ID it. Called customer svc and they pointed out that the device only includes specific codes/etc for cars before 2010, and not specifically MB. There is a lot of info that comes up on the device via OBD II so it might be of value to someone that knows what they are doing. It is basically new.

I am not looking to sell the device. I am willing to give it (free stuff!) to a "good home". I would be glad to ship it at my expense to someone. I would prefer that the person I give it to use it to work on cars and not sell it on e-bay. I guess that would be sort of an honor system. Hey....if u can't trust an MB owner who can u trust!

·
Registered
285 Posts
@efair The cable permanently connected to the tool terminates in an OBD II connector. The second individual cable mates with the OBD II connector and has a different connector at the end. In the pic the top one is OBD II...the bottom one is not labeled but it looks like the pins are the same. The difference is in the surrounding plastic housing. Note the difference in the housings.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts