Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nearly two years ago, about 20 people met each other in the biergarden of a Hotel in Minden, Westfalia. How about that?

In the Internet I found the SLK forum MBSLK and I joint them. After a while I recognized two tremendous men - Achim S. from H. and Ossi. They were making good fun and they had power in their words. After a while I sent both of them a PM and asked where they lived. Surprised that they are living not far away, Ossi invided us to a barbecue in his home. After that wonderful evening we decided to open a thread at MBSLK to found a club.

We wrote:"Everybody who´s coming gets a beer for free." And more than 20 people joined us. (The beer was forgotten...) We asked which day and which time would be the best for meetings and noticed it. The Club was born. While the next months we were growing together to a fantastic group of mates and friends. At MBSLK we got big problems, because a lot people became jealous of our unbelievable fun we had. So we divorced with it and opened our own homepage with a forum, too.

Meanwhile we are making 3-days trips to southern Germany, to Holland, just 1-day meetings or 2-day parties organized from different members. We found some sponsors which are paying a little per year. Vaeth, Kicherer, Alustar, Wimmer, Piecha, MKB, HubCar and Mercedes Benz in Bielefeld. A due of 15 Euro per year per SLK we take and a third of all the money we are giving each end of the year to social institute, 2006 to a children´s home. From the rest we are celebrating our Spring-Festival inculding free drinking and eating, we buy stickers, mobile radios for our trips or other necessary things.

After some spions in our forum and some difficulties we are about 65 members from Germany, the Netherlands and Norway now and we are growing very slow. That´s the most important point for peace and the remain of our group I believe. Everybody is personal known and you have to join us one time a year, if you are living in Germany.

If somebody is interested, our Spring-Festival is 19th/20th of May in Minden/Germany. Guests have to pay 15,00 Euro per SLK (2 persons).

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
wow very interesting Gero. I am envious of the great club you have, and would love to be a member, unfortuntaely it is not really feasible to travel that distance for a weekend trip. if i ever make it over to the nurburgring i will have to make sure i coincide with you guys.
i wonder if there are any other slk clubs like this in the world?
good luck to you and your club, may you keep on growing.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
an UK trips? i think you should all arrange to drive to Ireland for a weekend.

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Congradulations Gero on the Success of your SLK group, I cant disagree with all the fun and excitment your getting while driving on the Autobahn or the mountainous routes.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Cool! Wish there were the kind of numbers around my area to start a local SLK club, but such is not the case unfortunately. But I am part of another local club that caters to various makes of cars, so I know what you mean about the nice social aspects of such organizations. Best of luck for continued growth with your club!

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I remember a guy who asked for a weekend meeting in the UK... I believe his name started with pee and ended with tu ;)

Ask Bill for a new forum "SLK-Clubs", appoint a date for the first meeting (Saturday or Sunday - do not ask too much, just do it), look for a nice pub, beergarden or restaurant, write to some Mercedes dealers to promote it, the start is done with the first SLK-Regular-Table-UK by SLKWORLD.

The second or third meeting you are planning a short ride, about 80 miles. The most people have to learn to drive in a column. The fifth you plan Saturday to Sunday with a bigger ride. Herefor you look for a nice hotel or guest house, 50 Pounds max for a double bed room for two people per night and breakfast, arrange a nice trip with max 200 miles, one coffee stop or a picknick (you need a toilet for the ladies!) and one toilet stop, look for a nice dinner restaurant with all inclusive prices, about 30 Pounds for eat and drink per Person and ask all Mercedes dealers in the UK to promote it.

A lot of work is waiting, but the result will make you glad, I´m sure.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you Bill and Mohammed. Perhaps you have the chance to meet us one day.

You must be careful: the days are for driving - the nights for drinking!

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
OWL, congrats on creating a successful SLK club in your area, like Fishtail, there's isn't enuff SLK's here to create one. Steve has get together's and weekend drive's every 3rd Saturday of the month in Northern California and etyu, tslick, and other's are getting together in SoCal. I'm envious, nothing like that here, we have euro car meets now and then but I'm usually the only mercedes.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
wish we had something like that in the states.

Only thing i can think of is the alot of NE people know each other know and occasionally meet up to go to shows and stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
Gero,

How do meine frau and I become a part of the group? I could put in to take a few days off work in May (19th and 20th).

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kevin, no problem at all.

Visit our site www.owl-slk.de, register yourself with your name Kevin, write a little under "präsentation" - prasentation - and tell that you´ll visit us while the Spring-Festival. After this 2 days you decide if you feel good or not.

Yesterday I´ve made a deal with the best hotel for the Gallier in Minden. Standard Price for a night in a double bed room between 110,00 and 200,00 Euro, we get it for 75,00 incl. breakfast and garage for 2 persons :tu: www.victoriahotel-minden.de

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I seems to be that a couple out of SLKWORLD is joining our Club and the spring Festival, 18th to 20th of May :eek:)) Fun, I promise, that they will have a lot of fun with uS. Let´s rocK´n´roll!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I seems to be that a couple out of SLKWORLD is joining our Club and the spring Festival, 18th to 20th of May :eek:)) Fun, I promise, that they will have a lot of fun with uS. Let´s rocK´n´roll!
While I won't be able to attend (there's a wee pond in the way), I look forward to LOTS of pics! Best to you all from me 'n my gurls! :Beer:

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bill, you must have been on one of our parties!

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I think we'd get along just fine Gero LOL!

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
:biglaugh: No problem, Though I dont drink not allowed in my religion; Id rather have my regular Coffee;)
well MO, what you lack i can amke up for, as you know Irish have quite a rep for enjoying the odd tipple. haha. :rb

·
Premium Member
2,624 Posts
:biglaugh: ...cool subliminal message Gero! Stacey and I are looking forward to it! :tu:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts