Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that something that you can put on the car in place of a license plate?
I could! I was thinking of putting my front plate mount back on with one of these, but since I moved out of Cali, I may just leave the front plate off! I saw some cards exactly like these for sale on eBay for $15

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
I could! I was thinking of putting my front plate mount back on with one of these, but since I moved out of Cali, I may just leave the front plate off! I saw some cards exactly like these for sale on eBay for $15
How would this work then?
License Plate DisplayTop ↑
Nevada law requires most vehicles to display front and rear license plates at all times, except motorcycles and trailers, which require only a rear plate. You must display both plates if the vehicle is designed for a front plate or if the manufacturer offers an add-on bracket or frame.

Front plates are optional only if 1) the vehicle was not designed for a front plate and 2) the manufacturer did not provide an add-on bracket or other means of displaying the front plate. (NRS 482.275)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would this work then?
It’s one of those things that aren’t enforced often. “You must display both plates if the vehicle is designed for a front plate or if the manufacturer offers an add-on bracket or frame.” I’m planning on getting a new aftermarket bumper with no holes drilled so I wouldn’t need it as there is no way to attach front plates. I’ve been pulled over once, and the officer didn’t even mention it. Even in California, they don’t care often I know someone that doesn’t have plates on the front of their Tesla model 3 with no issue. There’s always the risk of an officer using it as an excuse to pull me over, but I haven’t had any issues. I cant recommend anyone else try it as it is technically illegal and I don’t wanna be even partially responsible for anyone doing anything.

·
Super Moderator
11,487 Posts
Just thought I would mention it. I think that's the case in most jurisdictions.

But if they are looking for "some" infraction as a reason to pull you over.... ;)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just thought I would mention it. I think that's the case in most jurisdictions.

But if they are looking for "some" infraction as a reason to pull you over.... ;)
I really thought it over for a while, but I decided to just go for it, I like the look of the car better without it. There are people here that are worse, putting a sports team logo in place of their front license plates 😂.

·
Super Moderator/Florida Event Coordinator
13,926 Posts
What a cool find!

I bet the dealer would like to have one!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts