Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230 Over 100,000 miles!!!
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my passanger seat always stays pushed back as far as possible, the adjustment handle in front of the seat works perfectly as a cup holder.

All you have to do is get an individual cup holder from a store, set it in between the seat and the handle and rubberband it to the handle.

It has a slight forward slant to it, so it will only work with covered drinks or bottled drinks with caps.

It could be a little in the way for a passanger if a drink is in it, but managable.

Give it a try! Works for me. No more dripping on the radio!

SLKman:tu:

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Since my passanger seat always stays pushed back as far as possible, the adjustment handle in front of the seat works perfectly as a cup holder.

All you have to do is get an individual cup holder from a store, set it in between the seat and the handle and rubberband it to the handle.

It has a slight forward slant to it, so it will only work with covered drinks or bottled drinks with caps.

It could be a little in the way for a passanger if a drink is in it, but managable.

Super tip! thanks :Beer:R)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
How about some piccies of the set up? I'd like to see if this'll work for the R171 too. Thanks.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Working 16 hour double shift today and double shift tomorrow on my B-day.

I will try to get some pics of it on Fri or Sat.

You can even use a large oversized cup there as your drink holder.

Just rubber band it in place. Easy removal if your passanger wants to adjust the seat forward.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Happy Birthday SLKman! :)

Whenever you get the chance, no hurry.

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Like how I sneaked that in??? LOL Woohoo! :bannana: Party time this weekend!!!!:bannana:

·
Premium Member 2000 SLK230
2,624 Posts

·
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was 21 and racing Honda Odyssey 4 wheelers,:rb my racing buddy was 44 years old. I always thought of him as old.:biglaugh: Now I am 44!!!
I should be racing 4 wheelers!!!!! :( LOL:Beer: Cause I'm NOT OLD!!!!!:rockon:

·
Founding Member
43 Posts

Doesn't work for me; seats have electric adjustment! Have you change the old useless cupholder over for the coin/sunglass tray like we have in Europe?

By the way, many happy returns!:Beer: (wish I was 44 again!)

·
Registered 2003 SLK32 AMG
300 Posts
Much as I dislike cup holders (what's the point?), they do have some use:

(Unfortunately, VB stubbies aren't available in the UK these days, it seems)

I really don't understand this modern habit of having to slurp coffee / water / some poseur atheletic drink in one's car ever few minutes.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,055 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.