Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,895 Posts
PapaGrim keeps at least one hand on the wheel even at a red light but he told me he was combing his hair with the other and steering with his knees

·
Registered
78 Posts
suggestion?

I would just like to point out another possibility for this. I have found that there are quite a few MB dealerships that will order a car from the factory and have an AMG "sport appearance" package installed as part of it. This usually includes the AMG body kit, and will often include the AMG badged wheels. The dealership will then often put AMG badging on the car in the correct location and sell the car to the usually unsuspecting/unknowing customer.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
LOL, give me a break. No authorized dealer is that stupid or willing to take such a risk. The lawsuit and bad publicity would be the end of them...

I would just like to point out another possibility for this. I have found that there are quite a few MB dealerships that will order a car from the factory and have an AMG "sport appearance" package installed as part of it. This usually includes the AMG body kit, and will often include the AMG badged wheels. The dealership will then often put AMG badging on the car in the correct location and sell the car to the usually unsuspecting/unknowing customer.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Unfortunately dealers are that stupid. I saw one at a dealer and the glue they used to mount it was even visible around the lettering. Was a orangish/yellowish color.

Even if the dealer didn't do it, you would think they would have removed the horrible attempt.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts