Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found some front lights for my '99 230K for just £115 couldn't believe my luck, emailed the company about international shipping and got a reply stating "they do not ship internationally and thanked me for understanding", i do not understand though. most major delivery service's ship internationally and its not too expensive and the company seems like rather a large company can't see why they would turn down a sale because it will take them 5 minutes extra to ship it. if anyone knows how i can buy these lights and get a courier to pick them up please let me know as these lights are almost half the price of the others i've seen

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say front lights, do you mean th clear corner marker lights? Or are you looking for something different?
they are the halo headlights which sell for £180+ on ebay.

i would prefere some that aren't halo (bmw style) but not had much luck finding any if anyone has seen please let me know where thanks.

also if any members would be kind enough to ship them for me i would be very grateful, just PM me your details and i'll get in touch thanks.

·
Thread Hijacker
2,798 Posts
Kayte had some shocks shipped to me, and I forwarded them to NZ, but the shipping was more than you'd think. I got them into as small a box as possible, and it was still $80 USD to get them there. It still saved her a sum over the cost to her in NZ, but you'd have to figure that in...

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
i wouldn't both mate and just pay the 180 quid. Honestly I'm english and live in the US and post stuff home. for 65 it could easily end up costing you the same if not more. plus the hassle.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
i wouldn't both mate and just pay the 180 quid. Honestly I'm english and live in the US and post stuff home. for 65 it could easily end up costing you the same if not more. plus the hassle.
Also, don't forget the hassle Adamantium had with lights from the States - they could not be adjusted for driving on the 'correct' side of the road - ok, his were for an R171, not an R170, but it's something you'll need to check.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Also, don't forget the hassle Adamantium had with lights from the States - they could not be adjusted for driving on the 'correct' side of the road - ok, his were for an R171, not an R170, but it's something you'll need to check.
I second that! It just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
They can be adjusted for the UK with a bit of faffing. I bought some from the US as he promised me they were UK spec...they weren't. I used an heat gun to break the seal, then there's a couple of screws you need to undo, flip the metal plate around to point the kickup in the opposite direction, then fit it all back together. Not a big job, but it's not something you expect to do when you buy fit for purpose.

I played forever afterwards trying to adjust the beam pattern, in the end just took it to the local MoT tester and he did it in 2 minutes on the machine...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.